SR Suntour M2025 Forks

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited February 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All.

I know these forks aren't the best in the world, but do they have any adjustment, they seem very stiff/hard, they are on my wifes bike and could do with being a bit softer.

By the way the bike is a Giant Revel.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They might have rudimentary preload adjustment, but only way to make them softer is to replace the spring. Not worth even considering IMHO.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    What cooldad said.

They're pretty much the same forks I have on my commuter. There is a preload adjustment but it doesn't do, well, anything tbh. Mine are rather stiff too, but they're a little more fluid since I rebuilt them and covered them liberally with grease.

Your best bet will be to upgrade them. Depending on your budget, ~£150 will get you a Suntour Epicon (highly commended fork around here) or around £250 (less in sales) will get you a RockShox Recon Gold Solo Air. Both of these might be slight overkill however, depending on what the uses of the bike are.
  • Thanks for the replies.

I will see how keen she is first and if she keeps going I will to replace them for something better, I have Recons on mine and I'm really pleased, mind at the moment something has to be bad for us to notice as wee have only been at it for a couple of months :)