Campag EPS Experts?

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited February 2014 in Workshop
Bought some Campag EPS stuff, some used, some new. Still awaiting delivery of the (new) front mech. Shifters are new, battery and interface are used but are from a trusted mate and were working when taken from his bike, rear mech is used, an eBay purchase.

Desperate to try it out, on the kitchen table, plugged together the parts I have and powered it up without the front mech. Rear mech shifts a couple of times, actually looks like it overshifts, then alarms out and systems stops. Switch off with magnet and it seems to reset itself and I can repeat the process, but can't get it to do 10 shifts.

I'm guessing (hoping!) that the system needs a front mech to give some kind of position feedback, and without this the rear mech/interface is getting confused. I'm rather hoping I haven't got a faulty rear mech.

Anyone tech experts able to put me out of my misery?

Ta.

Comments

• Hmm - from building mine last week (see other EPS thread on the go at the moment) I think all parts need to be plugged into the Power Unit to get a fuctioning system.
  • proto
    Well. as the man says, RTFM!!

Switch system on, get a brief green LED on power unit, this then goes out, only to be followed by a yellow LED and a buzzer. Reading the technical manual, this is indicating a front mech error, which is not really too surprising as I haven't got one! I might be panicking over nothing.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    You should not switch it on without everything plugged in, says so in the manual, potential to permanently damaged the computer in the PSU.

If you need help then give me a shout when you have everything sorted.
  • proto
    Front mech has turned up, plugged in and all seems ok. Rear shifts correctly and front trims accordingly. Needs setting up, but I'm hopeful!