whos got the best deals on reverbs atm?

Crism
Crism Posts: 6
edited February 2014 in MTB buying advice
Morning peeps, anyone seen any cracking deals on the 31.6mm 380mm reverb dropper? best ive found is £190 just looking to conserve a bit of cash :D

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Merlin at 157. Might not be the 380 though.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Crism
    Jeez, thats an amazing price but its just too long for my seat tube..... ive' currently got a 350mm easton in there at the minute
  • benpinnick
    How much room do you have? I think you only need 255mm available to run a long reverb, or put another way if you can slam your easton post all the way they you are fine.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Crism
    i can definately fit 300mm down there, but would i then have an extra 120mm poking out the top? and would that be the minimum ride hight?
    hardships of being a short arse!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    As far as I know the length is when fully extended.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Crism
    can any one confirm its the length when fully open or closed? can't find the info on SRAM's web site.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    It's the fully extended length.
  • benpinnick
    Like I said you only need 255. Any longer and it's just air inside the tube. Remember the seat will be 165mm from the clamp when extended if you buy a 125mm drop post. If that's too much consider a 100mm drop one.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    eBay are selling them new quite cheap- have a look