Brake switch

mathematics
mathematics Posts: 453
edited February 2014 in Workshop
My cube peloton currently has Left Front right rear brake set up - which I don't like and I can't get used to.

How do I go about swapping them over?

Chris

Comments

• Re-cable them so they are the other way round - or am I missing the point of the question?
  • No right on the money!!

Can I just drag the cables through and post them back through? I have internal routing is that a problem?
  • No right on the money!!

Can I just drag the cables through and post them back through? I have internal routing is that a problem?

You would need to re-route the cable run - but - should be easy as I presume there is a length of outer cable running from each STI to the start (entry point) of the internal routing (rear internal only?). I've never done it but can't think why it shouldn't be easy to swap that bit of outer to run to the routing for the other brake - but - if it isn't think your way through it carefully before starting. If there's any issue with length then you could need new bits of outers as well. You will need at least one new inner as the front will be too short but regardless I would defo use two new inners as you will need to cut off the cable ends to get the inner back through the brake caliper and unthreaded out of the internal route. That bits fine but often inners they won't thread back through (the correct shifter) again - some say if you use superglue on the cut end it threads but I've never had any joy with that.

PS - If the internal routing has a separate liner that is not fixed then take care not to lose it - I did that with my brake liner but luckily was able to fish it back out!