Specialized Venge

louissuggett
louissuggett Posts: 36
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
So today I picked up the latest steed from work (Sigma Sport). I am on a very small budget as i'm a student so getting a good frame was the most important thing. I'm not going to be training on this bike as I have a couple of cross bikes and a road training bike so the venge stays in the garage for racing and sunny days. I mainly race crits and the longest E12 races I do are no more than 3 hours, so comfort wasn't the priority.

I wanted something that was going to be dirty quick but also ride like its on rails and handle like a beast. I generally throw the bike around a lot and can be quite aggressive so I needed something strong. From working with Specialized at work (Sigma Sport) I knew that the Venge would suit me down to the ground. I could only afford the 104/ultegra model but I am upgrading to di2 in a few months.

I rode the bike back from work today and all I can say is that I nearly took it back because its soooooooo quick. It's very very stiff and when you get above about 22mph it cruises and just wants to go quicker and quicker. You also feel as though all the power you put through the pedals goes into the rear wheel and leaves you with a bike that you can flick around and accelerate on very rapidly. I wasn't expecting it to be too forgiving and although the cable routing does rattle a little bit, It seems to take all the bumps ok.

Will next ride it on Friday for my BG fit, training on the winter bike for now (all this rain :( )
Will update with more info and pictures after next weekends first race of the season!
Enjoy

20140216_163543_zps63838817.jpg
20140216_172905_zpsaee65313.jpg
20140216_172807_zpsbaede889.jpg

Comments

• TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Funny how you've already slammed the stem. I wish they'd sort that headtube out.

Looks like a nice finish, pics don't quite do it justice.

What racing wheels are you putting on there?
  • haha yeah Im fortunate enough to be able to have my stem supper low and still feel comfortable. I still don't feel as though its low enough so i may get a -17 degree stem.

For now, im just going to stick my ksyriums or aksiums on it as im going to be doing more road races and training that crits. My deeps are almost dead so they won't make an appearance. Maybe when I have a bit more money, i will get another set.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Looks good but it's just wrong without a set of deep section wheels. It's also a shame that Specialized bikes look so weird when they're bigger than a 56 :(

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • That looks great. I am really liking the Venge styling as you see more and more about.

I got my Allez from Sigma, although it's been a while since I popped in.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • my what a big headtube you have
  • nice, i like it
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    more shots required...
  • anthigh
    anthigh Posts: 10
    check my venge out
    http://youtu.be/K2FH87qAUWU
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I like the Venge, but it really does need some deep wheels, Headtube doesn't look all that out of place to me. Friend of mine just bought it and is LOVING it!
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • anthigh
    anthigh Posts: 10
    Just got my hands on this, well worth it.
    http://youtu.be/K2FH87qAUWU