Anywhere to learn bike mechanics?

Graham K
Graham K Posts: 329
edited February 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Is there anywhere I could go to learn bike maintenance/mechanicing (or whatever its called) around the Manchester area.

I can do basic's, but I dont fancy setting about my bike to make a tits of it and take it to the shop tail between my legs after being a ham fisted clown with it.
There was a course at Salford that I just missed.
I have an old wheel that I would love to strip and rebuild using new spokes, sounds easy.

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I have the same quest - I'm building myself a trail bike and for that reason I'm reading, You tubing and asking around to learn the mechanics. I don't want to be a mechanic - just to build my bike. The LBS don't think I'm a tw@ for asking them questions. Myself - I don't think I need a course but I see where you are coming from. No way am I brave enough to make a wheel though.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Steve at Bikeanics in Greenfield will do a session with you on whatever you need, or sometimes I think does group sessions. I'll send you his number.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    If you have an old bike you can practice on that, that's what I have done and now I can do basically everything maintenance related (basically).
  • www.bikemaintenancecourses.co.uk
    Based near Warrington / Wigan