Eventually built this RS2

top_bhoy
top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
edited February 2014 in Your road bikes
After an extended hiatus, I eventually got round to completing this project. I collected the parts over a period of time then due to a mixture of work pressures, moving and then prolonged injury, didn't build it. 4 months ago as the injuries started to clear it was time to use it or lose it. I'll keep the Kinesis for the rougher weather and see what develops. I've had Campag for 20+ years and while I think the RS2 is a good responsive frame and fork, I'm not yet fully sold on using the SRAM setup but the bike (as built to the spec below) weighs in at a reasonable 7.7 kg and the lightest bike I've ever had.

Top_Bhoy_Bike_01.jpg

The spec is:

Pedal Force frame/forks - 49cm
SRAM Red groupset 170mm cranks (34/50 & 11-26) (I think its 2009 vintage)
Unbranded cheapo 110mm stem
3T Ergonova Team bars - 44cm
Easton 70EA seatpost
Selle Italia Max Flite gel saddle
Look Keo Max pedals
DRC CX/R rims
Hope 3 hubs
Pro Race 3 tyres
Fizik bartape

I was going to change the unbranded stem for a 3T stem once I finalised the sizing but I think the silver works as well so I'm thinking why not keep the same colour...stem cost about 5 quid from the lbs.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Are you a barber?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • top_bhoy
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Are you a barber?
    Nope...does that effect the bike? :D
  • napoleond
    Just wondering about bar tape choice
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • top_bhoy
    Admittedly I have got no artistic bones in my body but the only motive in the choice of bar tape was that I thought the red and white would complement the predominately red frame with its few white flashes.

Nothing is ever set in stone and while there is no intent to change anything immediately, I'm open to reasonable suggestions for improvements; that includes the colour of the bar tape. :wink:
  • napoleond
    Top_Bhoy wrote:
    Admittedly I have got no artistic bones in my body but the only motive in the choice of bar tape was that I thought the red and white would complement the predominately red frame with its few white flashes.

Nothing is ever set in stone and while there is no intent to change anything immediately, I'm open to reasonable suggestions for improvements; that includes the colour of the bar tape. :wink:

:o

black stem, if that bar height is right then get one 10mm longer, placed lower down the steerer and flipped. This will be better for the steerer. A deda zero 1 from ribble is peanuts and they are great!

I'd go black bar tape tbh.

The Pedal Force frames have a great rep on the US forums.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • top_bhoy
    The stem length and steerer height is a work in progress until I get my back fully sorted out. Thanks for the heads up on the deda zero 1. The original idea was to end up with the 3T ARX black stem so that it matches the bars but I didn't want to go to that expense until I was closer to finalising the end position.

Pedal Force were great to deal with back when I originally ordered (over 4 years ago) and delivered what they said they would at a great price. I'm very happy with the frame can't quite get used to the SRAM double tap system after 20 years of Campag use. Not sure it was my best decision with hindsight but at the time SRAM was the 'new kid on the block' and getting rave reviews.
  • trooperk
    trooperk Posts: 189
    Top_Bhoy you should upload and replace that picture as not doing your bike any justice, the perspective is out and if you measure that photo the front wheels is bigger than the rear, probably making the front end look taller too.
    Specialized-The clitoris of bikes.
  • TKF
    TKF Posts: 279
    Good to see penny farthings making a comeback.
  • trooperk
    trooperk Posts: 189
    trooperk wrote:
    Top_Bhoy you should upload and replace that picture as not doing your bike any justice, the perspective is out and if you measure that photo the front wheels is bigger than the rear, probably making the front end look taller too.
    Looks better now the wheels are the same size.
    Specialized-The clitoris of bikes.
  • dombhoy
    dombhoy Posts: 147
    Very nice frame although I would change to black bar tape. Also nice name