Superstar componants delivery

Luapsnnib
Luapsnnib Posts: 23
edited February 2014 in MTB general
Hi all, on Tuesday 11th I ordered some replacement pedal grub screws from superstar componants and as of today the 15th they have not arrived , is this time scale out of the ordinary for them or is it normal , I've had things off them before and am sure it only took a day or two to arrive . How long should I leave it before I get intouch with them ?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Theyve been having problems with their website so could be related... check out their facebook page.
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    I've seen the website problems thought I doubt it's related. I presume you had a dispatch e-mail? If so, then it's all on the postal company, not them. Usually SS do me pretty good, decent prices, quick delivery. Just don't get their headsets or BB's, the bearings fall to pieces :P
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    assuming they have them in stock - took them a while to tell my bro inlaw the headset spacers he ordered where not in stock. I've had prebuilt wheels take a while to arrive before so best thing to do is phone on monday
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Its been 4 days! IN Canada that's the time taken for the postie to pick the parcel up and work out how to get it across the country - my warranty ski boots have been "in transit" for over 2 weeks!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • I ordered a couple of in stock items on Sunday the 9th. Got a despatch email the following day at around mid-day.

Still nothing bye thursday. On Friday I recieved another despatch email with a UPS tracking number. Checked the number and will be delivered on Monday the 17th.

Usually Superstar are rapid delivery, must be a problem with the new website.
  • Its been 4 days! IN Canada that's the time taken for the postie to pick the parcel up and work out how to get it across the country - my warranty ski boots have been "in transit" for over 2 weeks!

This ^

Think about it. You ordered on Tuesday.

Dispatch under normal circumstances would be weds at the earliest, maybe thurs.

I'd normally expect RM to deliver the following day, or maybe the day after. But given the fact transport links in the UK have been so badly disrupted lately it's not out of the realms of possibility they're a couple of days behind with pickups/deliveries.

Problem is, we've been spoiled rotten in recent years with companies like SuperStar, CRC etc being so efficient with processing orders and shipping.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Its been 4 days! IN Canada that's the time taken for the postie to pick the parcel up and work out how to get it across the country - my warranty ski boots have been "in transit" for over 2 weeks!

Yeah, but our postal service uses vans and things, not mooses? and dogsleds.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I went in on Friday evening at about 4.45pm (I live 5 mins away) and both guys were still running round like crazy, I would be cutting them some slack at 4 days lol
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    cooldad wrote:

Actually i'm convinced royal mail use tuk tuks to deliver now, average delivery time here has doubled in the past 12 months.
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:

Actually i'm convinced royal mail use tuk tuks to deliver now, average delivery time here has doubled in the past 12 months.

The priority service is reserved for the South, obviously.

Anyway don't they just deposit your Giro cheque directly these days?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I'm still waiting :-((
  • cooldad
    Maybe the postie wanted the Haribo.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I ordered some brake pads a few weeks back. Didn't moan on the internet. They arrived in a reasonable period of time.

I'm not going anywhere with this post.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    cooldad wrote:

South East to be specific. The South West is as insignificant as everywhere else outside the M25
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Anyway don't they just deposit your Giro cheque directly these days?
    Do transit vans work underwater?
  • cooldad
    Fair point.

Although I live just up the hill from Eddie*, so no personal problems with water.

* You rabble can call him HRH. Obviously as virtual neighbours we are a lot less formal.

Although we have not been formally introduced I did sneak onto his estate for a bit of a ride, and to see if the SAS or whoever were on the ball. They weren't.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I must live inside the M25 then I ordered some sintered pads on sunday night and I fitted them to my bike a couple of hours ago.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • I've just had an email off them today ( 7 days after they had been dispatched ) telling me they are out of stock and to ignore the dispatched email and I can change the colour if I want , there is no colour option for steel pins , it all seems a bit of a joke to me I'll not be using them again .
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They're usually pretty quick but their website's exploded so I imagine they've spent a lot of time trying to unbreak that...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    ordered headset spacers Wednesday and arrived today
  • ordered brake pads, grips and some tools yesterday... arrived today...

no stock of sintered brake pads, so kevlar ones sent instead to try, along with a letter of appology.... 45 days to try and return if not liked, as usual!

cant fault that!

very upset at the lack of haribo tho! devastated!