Croix de Fer Owners....

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
After about 6 months of deliberation I recently got myself Croix de Fer. Got it because I wanted a "winter" bike and a steel frame with disc brakes. Only done a few rides so far but I have kind of fallen in love with the bike. Not just because its a steel frame and looks nice but because I think it really is the only I bike I need. I find the bike stiff and not really any slower than my carbon bike that cost twice as much!

My question to CDF owners is have you had the same thoughts and gone to only having one bike? My carbon bike is really nice but I am wondering if I need it now.

Comments

• Yes... but I never liked the forks... otherwise it's a perfect bike if you don't have to do the Marmotte... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    This pretty much sums up exactly how i feel with mine.

Treated it to some nice hand built wheels for weekend riding, and then will put the weekday wheels back on for commuting.

It's more bike than I'll ever need........
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    snipsnap wrote:
    This pretty much sums up exactly how i feel with mine.

Treated it to some nice hand built wheels for weekend riding, and then will put the weekday wheels back on for commuting.

It's more bike than I'll ever need........

what wheels did you go for?
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    H plus son archetype, on shimano cx75 (i think that's what they're called). They look and ride fantastic