Hazards of riding on the country lanes - Big Splash

Krellon
Krellon Posts: 10
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
Hiya members

Thought you might be interested in my wet, nighttime debacle.

Last week I thought I would commute home with a friend. I decided to go with him all the way to his then I'd do the 10 mile return journey solo.

He warned me it would be a bit wet en rout but I didn't expect this.

http://youtu.be/9qpMDWx1Lk0

The first flood got me wet up too the knees so I though It couldn't get any worse though the ford! I'd been through it a ton before. Well, I didn't expect it too be as deep as it was not the force of water. The rest was history :P

Br

Comments

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Thanks for sharing - where is that?

I like the way that your mate stayed dry when going across the stream/river?
  • Awesome. Always enjoy when people are happy to put up vids of them making a prawn of themselves. Not that I ever would of course.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Krellon
    Krellon Posts: 10
    edited February 2014
    jimmypippa wrote:

I like the way that your mate stayed dry when going across the stream/river?

Hehe, It was down near Silchester southern England.

My mate wasn't dry, he also went through the first flood. The difference is he was in trainers and not clipped in.
    I was clipped in and didn't want too walk through 6 inches of mud to get around. My cleats would have been a mess and chances are I would of probably slid down the bank and into the drink anyway :P
    As I was already soaked I thought what the hell, I'd just go through it. I've done it before. Trouble is it was deeper than I had anticipated and it got the better of me lol. That said, I almost made it ;P

N
  • Awesome. Always enjoy when people are happy to put up vids of them making a prawn of themselves. Not that I ever would have course.

Lol, my pleasure mate :P

There's plenty of other prawns out there I think :D They just don't all own cameras or are too ashamed to broadcast there endeavors. Me, I believe in sharing the love :P and also, of course Velominati Rule #5 :-D

Br
  • Krellon wrote:
    Awesome. Always enjoy when people are happy to put up vids of them making a prawn of themselves. Not that I ever would have of course.

Lol, my pleasure mate :P

There's plenty of other prawns out there I think :D They just don't all own cameras or are too ashamed to broadcast there endeavors. Me, I believe in sharing the love :P and also, of course Velominati Rule #5 :-D

Br

(suggest you search for me on YT... and maybe a recent post on here :wink: )
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Reminds me of Vtech.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jimmypippa wrote:

You can use streetview and zoom in using Google maps. I looked at Silchester and saw the OP in action...

article-0-195A7A4300000578-315_634x508.jpg
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Oops! Wasn't the big white depth indicator a bit of a give away?
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Oops! Wasn't the big white depth indicator a bit of a give away?

It was as I was passing it... A bit committed at that point :P
  • jimmypippa wrote:

You can use streetview and zoom in using Google maps. I looked at Silchester and saw the OP in action...

Exactly: LAT 51.350043 LON -1.066318 Silchester Brook running of Clappers Farm Rd

Br
  • Krellon wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

Exactly: LAT 51.350043 LON -1.066318 Silchester Brook running of Clappers Farm Rd

Br

By OP you mean Oakly Pedalers? I know a few of the guys but I actually ride with NHRC.
  • Mikey23
    I wondered why they put the jolly things right in the middle. By the time you see them it's a bit late...
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    I wondered why they put the jolly things right in the middle. By the time you see them it's a bit late...

Yea my thoughts exactly :P So inconsiderate :D
  • Mikey23
    Anti cycling conspiracy methinks