Newbie here, new bike and hello.

Hazey
Hazey Posts: 3
edited February 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all, new to the forum thought I'd say hello and post a few pics of my new toy.
I'm based in Sussex and new to the mountain biking scene. I've done trials riding on and off for years.

Bought a specialized crave expert recently to get me out riding so here's a few pics and a couple of upgrades, pedals bars and some new grips.

Cheers and hello all.

image_zps8232cece.jpg
image_zps814f959c.jpg
image_zpsb2272225.jpg
image_zps5df74e5a.jpg
image_zps6915c651.jpg
image_zps6674f0c2.jpg
image_zpsd9306c52.jpg

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    That bike is far too clean :)

I bought a Carve last year and it has been really good for XC riding. Faster and smoother than my 26er which was a decent bike.
  • Welcome to the forum!
    Very nice bike you have there, thought about one myself a while ago! Hope you enjoy riding it.
    James
  • Hazey
    Hazey Posts: 3
    Cheers just got back from a 4 hour ride Well impressed with it, can't compare it to any other xc bike tho. The seat ain't the nicest and feeling it now so will prob sort a new one out. Read good things about the charge spoon seats?! The rear tyre slightly narrower than the front and on some quite muddy sections was really tail happy, would I benefit from getting the same size as the front or a different tyre brand?!
  • Welcome!

I've got the 2013 version and am really pleased with it. I've also changed the grips and pedals too. I've also added bar ends as its my xc bike.

As for the rear tyre, on mine it came with 2.1 Ground Control's front and rear. I know the Fast Trak is designed from fast rolling (my wife and daughter have different versions of it, both in 26" form, on the Myka's they ride) but isn't at grippy as the Ground Control so it might be worth changing for one of those out back.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    If you are after a new saddle have a read on the web about how to measure yourself to get one that fits. I am 6ft7 and need wider saddles than most people. One thing to watch on the Crave is the rear is very stiff which means good power transmission but it can beat you up a bit sometimes. This may be what you are noticing, unless your saddle is painful after you have ridden the bike for a couple of weeks you should be pretty much OK with it.

Mine has the original 2.1 ground control tyres as well and I have not had any problems except when I really push the bike beyond its traction limit round corners at speed but it recovers quickly with with a quick tap of the brakes. I have not been out in really heavy mud though.