Shimano R501 - Whats the difference?

Comments

• bus_ter
    bus_ter Posts: 337
    One set is OEM, so may not come with any accessories like spoke key, skewers, fancy packaging? Possibly one set comes with the new 11sp Shimano hubs?

You would be kicking yourself if you ordered the expensive one to find the cheaper one a few days later.. lol
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    The cheaper ones only merit a black&white photo rather than a colour one

(do R501s really have R500 decals ?)

Look same, same weight, I know which I'd buy...
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Dunno but i just bought the cheap ones. :o
  • the cheaper ones are 10 speed hub, the others are 11 speed.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Does anyone know what the max recommended rider weight is for theese wheels. Googling seem to suggest shimano wheels don't have max rider weights?

& If they don't have any max weight whats rough max rider weight you think they would be reliable for?

Thet are my first wheels less than 32h so i am am abit worried they won't be that durable (obviously you can't expect bomb proof wheels but for for £60 but I thought they are worth a punt at that price) being under 80kg i'm hoping I won't be snapping spokes all the time, as see lots of riders heavier on similar wheels.
  • Moonbiker wrote:
    Does anyone know what the max recommended rider weight is for theese wheels. Googling seem to suggest shimano wheels don't have max rider weights?

I'm 17 stone and have been using the 10 speed version all winter without any problems.

Geoff