City-Link

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    Anyone interested in cheap Transit vans? Vtech?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736

Sadly not for me, we had a robbery by one of our tenants over xmas who decided to take quite a large amount of items with them :oops:

Anyway, city link bosses should go to jail because what they did was fraud.
    They allowed self employed drivers to work knowing they were not going to be paid and this is illegal. At the point where you know you can't pay staff you must inform them but they didn't and that carries jail time.

Doubt anyone will be prosecuted as the same happened with Rover and it makes me mad each time I see my neighbour driving down the lane to his big house and nice lifestyle built on the back of those hard (but silly) rover workers.
    Living MY dream.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Why is Vince Cable sabre rattling and saying he's going to meet with the Unions to help ?

This is the same C~nt who broke his back to sell Royal Mail down the same path of Race to the bottom and cheated the tax payer out of a good £1 Billion in the rush.

Funny how over 60% of those allowed to buy more than £1000 of the initial share issue in Royal Mail were Hedge funds who have cashed in already.

The Business was valued by cable at just below £3 Billion , yet the land value of just 3 of the Mail office Centres in London alone (Mill hill, Mount Pleasant and Paddington) was over £1 Billion and that's just 3 of over 60 major centres.

Give it 5 years and Mora Green and the executive at Royal Mail will have argued their way out of Universal Service commitment. TNT will run all the mail into major citys and the rest of us will have to wait every 2 days for mail or go and collect it from the redundant City link sites ourselves.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    VTech wrote:

Sadly not for me, we had a robbery by one of our tenants over xmas who decided to take quite a large amount of items with them :oops:

Anyway, city link bosses should go to jail because what they did was fraud.
    They allowed self employed drivers to work knowing they were not going to be paid and this is illegal. At the point where you know you can't pay staff you must inform them but they didn't and that carries jail time.

Doubt anyone will be prosecuted as the same happened with Rover and it makes me mad each time I see my neighbour driving down the lane to his big house and nice lifestyle built on the back of those hard (but silly) rover workers.

Two distinct and separate outcomes. Firstly who knows the internal position as I believe Moulton was trying to offload the business prior to the administrators being appointed? The TUPE liability would have been a significant threshold to overcome and the market, as already stated, is under immense price pressure. 7 years without a profit and acquired last year for a £1 suggests a busted thrush? The law in this particular aspect states that the creditors should not be put in a worse position then they would have been.

Moulton was beaten in his aspirations with Rover by the phoenix 4. The business wasn't viable post administration without a global partner, access to new tech and platforms and HMG were bounced for political reasons into kicking this can down the road. £42,000,000 for 5 years work, between 4, plus shareholdings in the holding company which is due to pay out after years of dispute, to its shareholders. Weak politicians, loopholes you can drive a tank through and individuals who saw a opportunity and not only took it, but also bent it over and pulled the panties to one side.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260

Stevo could buy one, and the services of of one of the drivers, as his own personal uplift mobil :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    tim wand wrote:
    Why is Vince Cable sabre rattling and saying he's going to meet with the Unions to help ?

Soundbites, thats all. EU forbids state support…..
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,545
    arran77 wrote:

Stevo could buy one, and the services of of one of the drivers, as his own personal uplift mobil :lol:
    As long as the driver doesn't come with the van :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Imagine Stevo's mates waiting at the top of the hill for him. A van turns up and leaves a card saying they couldn't deliver him.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Nah , they d just shove him in one of the Wheelie bins in the Car Park, He'd be right at home.
  • arran77
    tim wand wrote:
    Nah , they d just shove him in one of the Wheelie bins in the Car Park, He'd be right at home.

Either that or toss him over the back gate.....probably not the first time for that though :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,545
    arran77 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Either that or toss him over the back gate.....probably not the first time for that though :P
    Cheeky fecker, we'll be warming up on a black run when you decide to visit Wales :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    VTech wrote:

BMW paid British Aerospace and Honda out for their Rover interests to the tune of £560m and £267m respectively as well as totally upgrading the archaic product, process systems and development. All in all, BMW spent £2b and it still didn't work out such was the poor state Rover was in and had been for a very long time.
    It just shows us what a poor state our car industry was in. Re-investment levels of <2.5% of profits as opposed to Japan and Germany where they are re-investing >8 to 12%. (Though I doubt that the Japanese are still in that position, so that stat may be a little dated).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Cheeky fecker, we'll be warming up on a black run when you decide to visit Wales :wink:

Sounds like it'll be my only run of the day :lol:

seanoconn
  • Saw some finance guy who's an expert in delivery business on the news saying that these businesses need to have economies of scale or lower their unit cost. Think they meant run it more efficiently. Doubt a busted up company like that.ever stood any chance of doing well. If comments are true then it sounds like they hadn't been able to afford adequate systems to even run a decent delivery business let alone to be competitive. Stating the bleeding obvious but the guys who bought it for a pound really should have had a plan for that or they were always going to fail. BTW failure by top execs is not considered failure by "the city". I've worked for companies run by a person who at one time was a director of one of the biggest plc failures at that time. He was in much demand after that. Always amazed me that.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    I feel sorry for the poor busted thrush.