Happy Valentine's day! :)

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,415
edited February 2014 in The cake stop
Happy Valentine's day everyone :D xxxx

So what are your plans today? Roses smiley-love003.gif a romantic dinner smiley-love019.gif followed by the tender naked embrace of your loved one smiley-love028.gif. Or dinner in front of the telly at opposite ends of the sofa?
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Cut the small talk. What did your new squeeze get you? Still loved up?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    All this lovey dovey shite won't last you know Sean, you'll eventually be back to being a bitter old fart :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    jordan_217 wrote:
    I'm getting it tonight :D:D And she's got me a present :D
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

So you'll be staying in tonight with all us other squares then :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    All this lovey dovey shite won't last you know Sean, you'll eventually be back to being a bitter old fart :P
    :P Plans arran?
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

So you'll be staying in tonight with all us other squares then :lol:
    Yes but I won't be online :wink:
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    :P Plans arran?

I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to stuff like Valentine's, bloody restaurants charge what they like for a 'special' menu, the price of flowers goes through the roof and the shops are full of all manner of heart shaped, over-priced shite.......needless to say I prefer the 'gifts' that are free to give :wink:

seanoconn
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    seanoconn wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

Strap-on? Don't suppose the ex got you a card :lol: ?

The RM have for once done some good by being useless at deliveries. I'm expecting the delivery of my Missus' pressie at any time but she's already took the "I thought we weren't doing Valentines Day this year?!" bait and gone to her mates for a cuppa, in a bit of a gump (I hope that's were she's gone!).

It was her 40th in January and I had decided to mark the occasion with a nice ring (fire opal set in platinum) but the goldsmith cracked the stone and couldn't source another. So rather than giving her the ring as a belated 40th pressie, I thought Valentines Day would be ideal. It's the brownie points gift that should hopefully keep on giving.

My Missus is a redhead so hopefully we're both going to get some orange gem and ring action out of this :oops:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Flowers delivered and pandora thing given, Castelli gloves for me :)

Out later for a meal with the current wife and some friends
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:

Gloves for me too but of the Royal Racing variety for the mountain bike :wink:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Good point, but I don't suppose the wife wanted the present to be related to going up the dirt path :-)
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Good point, but I don't suppose the wife wanted the present to be related to going up the dirt path :-)

That's your gift to her tonight isn't it :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    I was very organised this year and got a card and some chocolates for the EPO earlier in the week. Last night I rang to say I was going to pop into Evans to pick up a new gear cable for my bike. For some reason the old cynic accused me of having forgotten to get her a card and panic buying. I should have bought more stuff for the bike and let her believe she was right.
    We're having a nice dinner at home, but we'll go out next week when it's her birthday.
  • My wife makes me complete...

She makes me complete the gardening, the washing up, the vacuuming, the decorating...
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Valentines day, loadabollox!

I don't need a purveyor of flowers, greetings cards and such trinkets to tell me when to show Mrs Tank my love for her thank you.

TBH I buy her flowers every week and often take her out for meals. Whether they'd be classed as romantic meals I doubt, but it means she doesn't have to do the cooking and washing up.

No I'm too much of a cynic for this Valentines day sh1t, same with mothers day and fathers day (especially as I'm now an orphan) and don't get me started on christmas!!!!!!!

However if you're not as miserable as me, do enjoy your Valentines day. :)
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    seanoconn wrote:

So what are your plans today? Roses smiley-love003.gif a romantic dinner smiley-love019.gif followed by the tender naked embrace of your loved one smiley-love028.gif. Or dinner in front of the telly at opposite ends of the sofa?
    So what's it like being a teenager again Seano? Enjoy it while it lasts :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

What's happened to him, first he comes on here airing his dirty laundry and then he starts a thread about love and flowers and shite....bring back the old Sean :wink:

seanoconn
  • I got the Mrs some flowers, fizz and a card - she went and bought me a bloody Rapha workshop apron! :oops:
  • Last year I took the wife for a night at the Grand in Brighton, wine and dine / sea view suite.
    This year, the wife turned to me last night and said she hasn't got me a card, or anything else. She is also on a night shift tonight so no cozy night in or out.
    However, her best friend is coming down from Brum today to spend the weekend at ours. :shock:
  • tlw1
    Last year I took the wife for a night at the Grand in Brighton, wine and dine / sea view suite.
    This year, the wife turned to me last night and said she hasn't got me a card, or anything else. She is also on a night shift tonight so no cozy night in or out.
    However, her best friend is coming down from Brum today to spend the weekend at ours. :shock:

you know what they say, 3 is the magic number :D
  • It gets better as on my Birthday this year my wife and kids are away at an adventure weekend and I get to stay at home with three female foreign students....

Life is hard at times.
  • tlw1
    It gets better as on my Birthday this year my wife and kids are away at an adventure weekend and I get to stay at home with three female foreign students....

Life is hard at times.

We have a winner :)
  • arran77
    It gets better as on my Birthday this year my wife and kids are away at an adventure weekend and I get to stay at home with three female foreign students....

Life is hard at times.

PM me your address please :mrgreen:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

What's happened to him, first he comes on here airing his dirty laundry and then he starts a thread about love and flowers and shite....bring back the old Sean :wink:
    I think I did feel a bit of sick in my mouth when I read this thread.

Like I said though, let him enjoy it, after all the closest I got getting blown off on valentine's day was a big gust of wind when I was riding over Waterloo Bridge this evening :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Life is hard at times.
    POIDH....
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Card check, flowers check, meal booked for tomorrow at eating place recently acquired by masterchef winner check, missus asleep ...

Such is life
  • I sent the other half a special valentines card, it read:

"To Katty, I want to fill you in the same way you filled my soul!"

Last time I use Moonpig, they got the bloody F's and K's mixed up.
  • tlw1
    I sent the other half a special valentines card, it read:

"To Katty, I want to fill you in the same way you filled my soul!"

Last time I use Moonpig, they got the bloody F's and K's mixed up.

:lol:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Eating place recently acquired by former masterchef winner was rubbish. Got stuck in the bar next to a loud group of young farmers who spent most of the night talking about their cows gynaecological problems in a drunken way. Log burner smoked so much that gas masks would have been advisable which could only be resolved apparently by leaving the door open. Food was arty but not particularly palatable. And my wallet was £60 lighter...