What's with the glasses?

Sirius631
Sirius631 Posts: 991
edited February 2014 in The cake stop
I'm watching the Winter Olympics.

Jonathan Edwards, didn't you advertise laser eye surgery for Ultralase? So, what's with the glasses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3HZdWghylk
To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    praps that contracts run out and he's pitching for a specsavers contract?, eitherway this fashion for big ugly glasses baffles me
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    May be the treatment failed and he can't see...

I recall JE once doing some fitness challenge - seem to recall Steve Redgrave and others involved. He may have been haing a bad day but he was rubbish...
  • ukiboy
    ukiboy Posts: 891
    Or perhaps he needs glasses for reading.. I had my eyes lasered as I was short sighted and they did tell me that once age related degeneration sets in (ie, not being able to focus on close in stuff), I'd still have to wear reading glasses, which happens about 45 ish..
    I'd imagine that is the case with him.
    Outside the rat race and proud of it
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    eitherway this fashion for big ugly glasses baffles me

+1

I have been wearing glasses for 20+ years, from around 8 years old. I have spent 20+ years avoiding the big bulky obscene looking 'NHS style' fugly massive specs, and now they are, for some reason, in fashion.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Is this the same Jonathon Edwards that told the masses that he could never work Sunday's due to being a devout Christian ? Well that was right up until the BBC threw a shitload of cash at him....

Mr Edwards can now be seen broadcasting on any given Sunday should the sporting calendar allow it.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Oh he's renounced his Christian faith. Got it wrong apparently. How convenient...