Looking for a more ergonomic handlebar

whitestar1
whitestar1 Posts: 530
edited March 2014 in Road beginners
Hi all looking for a more comfortable handlebar. Something more straighter than the one I have that came with the bike. Current one is just too curved for my liking. Any suggestions?
Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
Cube Agree Pro 2014
Triban 7 2013
RockRider 8.0 2011
http://www.whitestar1.co.uk

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    think you'll need to post a pic so we can see the issue?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    This one's straighter than yours.

dscn4590a.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Deda piega are the best bars I have owned, straight top and a nice hold for when you are on the drops... they have a 26 mm clamp, so you might have to get a Deda Logo stem too... 30 quid for the pair
    left the forum March 2023
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I'm guessing Deda "Big" Piega are the oversized version? I had some on my bike when I bought it butI switched them out for some carbon bars and flogged them on on eBay. I presume they are still available though?

Have Deda Neutrons on my commuter, they are nice bars.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Rolf F wrote:

dscn4590a.jpg

+1 :lol::lol:
  • Rolf F wrote:

dscn4590a.jpg

Well no :lol:
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
  • Sorry about the brief information in the OP. What I an looking for is something more ergonomic as my fingers don't take too well to the sharp curve in my current BTWIN Sport (I think) handlebar. Opinions on something ergonomic but not heavy and most certainly under £50!

Been looking at this over the weekend. I need to actually see one and get to hold it to figure if its drop bars are straight enough. opps that word again - more flat handlebars coming...

0008345_easton_ea50_ergo_handle_bar_0.jpeg
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
  • best thing for getting feel is to go to your LBS and have a feel of the road bikes, if you explain what you're looking for they almost certainly have some bikes on display with various shape and manufacturer bars.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    whitestar1 wrote:
    Sorry about the brief information in the OP. What I an looking for is something more ergonomic as my fingers don't take too well to the sharp curve in my current BTWIN Sport (I think) handlebar. Opinions on something ergonomic but not heavy and most certainly under £50!

Been looking at this over the weekend. I need to actually see one and get to hold it to figure if its drop bars are straight enough. opps that word again - more flat handlebars coming...

0008345_easton_ea50_ergo_handle_bar_0.jpeg

In looking at the picture you posted I've noticed that the ends of the bars are not as long as some. Although it would appear that the bars were designed so that most drop riding would be done on the straight sloped section(if you get my meaning) and not on the straight bar ends. I've got a pair that looks pretty similar and the sloping section works just fine. It's as comfortable as it gets, within the confines of handlebar comfort. Sort of like saddle comfort.
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    I used to have bars like those E50s and hated them. The straight section was never at the right angle. I now use Bontrager VR which have the curve tightening up as it nears the levers. I can now reach the brakes much better on the drops and descending on them is a lot easier. Check out 'compact' bars.
  • My best bike has 3T ergonova bars on it. They are ace, nice flattened tops and shallow drop. For alu bars they weren't the cheapest at 70 quid or thereabouts but I feel it wad money well spent.