Windy Thursday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Feck, the wind was pretty strong last night! A lorry got blown over on the M62, so it closed to high sided vehicles for a while. Whilst sat in the traffic, I could feel the car violently shaking. Twas good fun!
Not so fun hearing a tile slip from the roof and land in the garden. The Landlord will be getting a call today about that.

Today, one of the minions probationary review (it's about 4 weeks late :oops: ) and that's about it.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I went for a ride last night after trying and failing to get to FoD and then cwmcarn being too windy too attempt to ride. I went for a local loop but feck me it was windy :shock:

I have a quandary that I've caught my boss out on something but don't have concrete evidence. I know they did it and they know I know. but can't prove it......damn it!

anyway, off to thinking of ways to get them back.

laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

It was a little blustery last night wasn't it, I saw a cat get blown off a fence. It was hilarious.

Placement meh today. Then eating meh, tv meh and sleeping meh.

That is all.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Mongin,

After nearly 2weeks of working solid, today I am off. I will be celebrating by going to work to do stocktake.

Tkm- done 2 probationary reviews this week, both are now job hunting. Very important to get them done on time!

Taking the missus out for Valentines tonight as I'm working tomorrow. Must remember to get her card etc today.

Laters
  • Evening bung lovers.

Half day today, then of for a trip around the suburbs of Cardiff which is nice.

I other new Sram my black gerbil has discovered my hands offer treats and escape so now on cage opening he promptly runs up my arm and attempts escape, evil genius!

Laters
  • ste_t wrote:
    Tkm- done 2 probationary reviews this week, both are now job hunting. Very important to get them done on time!
    Do you mean you discovered they were job hunting whilst doing the probationary review, or that because of the review they're now job hunting? To be honest, if the one I do today says he's job hunting, I'd be quite happy!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Due to the reviews, they are both now job hunting. Both just lazy and despite repeated pushing they just weren't arsed.

Now do 1 review after 4 weeks then a follow up after 12 weeks. They all have a debrief after every shift in that 12 weeks so if they can't cut it by then they never will.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    morning etc.

I was out on the road bike last night, awesome speeds with the wind, ran out of gears in the end, paid for it big time on the way back, riding in a straightish line but having to lean into the wind, then a bus came past at full lick.... the resulting hole & eddy it caused shot me right across the opposite side of the road... shat myself good & proper.

Onwards to workshit
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    TKM - always worth doing reviews, normally something will come out from either side!

Today is sunny Swansea - a lovely 3.5 hr drive down through floods & some snow - thank feck its a company car! The plan today is a few meeting and some systems work and then jump back in the car - hopefully before 5
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning clunge stuffers.

Today started with finding out that yet again a crudder has beaten the BB'ers at their caption competition.....between stevo, matthewh, Veronese68 and me we've got it sewn up :lol:

As for the rest of the day copious amounts of tea will be consumed whilst looking busy :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    pilch wrote:
    morning etc.

I was out on the road bike last night, awesome speeds with the wind, ran out of gears in the end, paid for it big time on the way back, riding in a straightish line but having to lean into the wind, then a bus came past at full lick.... the resulting hole & eddy it caused shot me right across the opposite side of the road... shat myself good & proper.

Onwards to workshit

For some reason I also decided to go out on a road bike last night. I hit a puddle that turned out to be a 2 foot wide and foot deep crater at about 30mph and got thrown into a hedge. Luckily being a cyclist and not a footballer I fixed the unsuprisingly punctured front tyre, got back on and cycled home rather than writhing around on the floor like a homo that's run out of vaseline. I now ache more than Billy Ray Cyrus' achy breaky heart but apart from that there's no lasting damage.

Woop!

Onwards to workmeh and another week of storms!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    A'rtnoon job knockies,

Cycled into work at Ludicrous Speed* (tm), but I feel that kharma will truly s**t on my bedsheets for the ride home. Helloo headwind.

That aside, I've an afternoon of meetings to look forward to after my morning of zapping stuff. It was a good morning. Also: got the nod to visit an processing lab in Berlin for a day. Excellent!

Onwards! To caffiene! And flight booking!

*Other speeds are available. Always read the label. Don't ride drunk**

**Seriously - it makes the steering, all like, really f**king hard
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Afternoon all,
    Slight hangover this morning, now subsided. Went out for lunch with the Mrs earlier, hell of a tailwind on the way there. Struggled back with headwind and a full belly making a slow combination. It was nice to be out with a blue sky and the sun shining, can't remember the last time that happened.
    I agree with Clank about riding drunk, once cracked a rib doing that. I haven't learnt my lesson and still do it. There's a nice 11 mile loop we do in the summer, almost entirely off road and usually 5 pub stops on the way round. There are more pubs, but time would be tight if we did that. Oh and it would be irresponsible.
  • ste_t wrote:
    Due to the reviews, they are both now job hunting. Both just lazy and despite repeated pushing they just weren't arsed.

Now do 1 review after 4 weeks then a follow up after 12 weeks. They all have a debrief after every shift in that 12 weeks so if they can't cut it by then they never will.
    Ahhh well, the minion's review was ok this time. I told him last time that he needed to buck his ideas up as people were complaining. Sadly, he isn't lazy or rubbish, so I don't have any grounds to get rid of him, I just don't get on with him that well. He still has room for improvement, but he's getting better.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    day of blah for me today, have a slight sniffle so hoping it doesn't develop into full blown aids or even worse manflu!

just stacked from work for the weekend so now have to drive across the country/lake, depending which way i decide to go.

Time to check the roads websites to see how deep the roads are!

Toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    arran77 wrote:
    Morning clunge stuffers.

Today started with finding out that yet again a crudder has beaten the BB'ers at their caption competition.....between stevo, matthewh, Veronese68 and me we've got it sewn up :lol:

As for the rest of the day copious amounts of tea will be consumed whilst looking busy :wink:
    Yep, just make sure I win the next one and we cancarry on really p1$$ing Pinno off :)

Another barsteward day at work fighting fires but I'm out of here in 10 minutes and there a bottle of Absolut with my name on it at home. Also waiting to see if my brother in law is now living in a dinghy as his house is 100 years from the Thames just where it all looks a bit 'Noah's Ark'...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Morning clunge stuffers.

Yep, just make sure I win the next one and we cancarry on really p1$$ing Pinno off :)

Another barsteward day at work fighting fires but I'm out of here in 10 minutes and there a bottle of Absolut with my name on it at home. Also waiting to see if my brother in law is now living in a dinghy as his house is 100 years from the Thames just where it all looks a bit 'Noah's Ark'...

We'll see what we can do then, oh and I don't think your bro in law needs to worry :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Morning clunge stuffers.

We'll see what we can do then, oh and I don't think your bro in law needs to worry :P
    Frikkin auto correct !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]