DA 9000 / Force 22

twgh
twgh Posts: 102
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
I realise that DA9000 is the more refined groupset but I was wondering if anyone could give some feedback on their experiences with both groupsets.

I am doing a new build and not sure whether it is worth putting up the extra £400 for DA9000 over Force 22? I am not interested in Red 22 or Ultegra 6800 for various reasons so that counts them out.

I do think Shimano is farily boring but the reviews of DA9000 are immense. I think Force 22 has all the functionality of Red at a fraction of the price, plus doubletap and the yaw FD really appeal.

Thanks

Comments

• Just replied on the other thread...
    left the forum March 2023
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    I've had Force 22 for a few months and can't fault it so far. Used chorus for years but wanted a change at a reasonable cost. Opted for it over 6800 just cus lbs wated to shift some as he's more shimano. Used force before but didn't like the old shape levers so went for it again when new shape levers came in. So far I think it needs less tinkering than chorus did and hope bb bearings last longrr than campag. And its light if thats your bag.
    For £600 with bb30 its hard to fault but then so is 6800 at under £500.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • twgh
    twgh Posts: 102
    In the end I went DA9000 with an Ultegra Cassette - came in at a smidge under £900 which I thought was just too hard to pass up.

Won't be using it for a few months but once bike is built up will post pictures and let you know how it goes.