Gruelling Challenge: Stunt: Davina McCall

2»

Comments

• Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    just chatting to the missus about this, and you can`t deny, it`s a fair achievement, but

I cannot stand the woman. The very fact that it`s her makes me believe it was easier than she makes out.

Horrible person

So, based on your opinion of her, you believe that riding 130 miles thro' pouring rain in air temps. of about 3-4C with wind speeds up to 40mph is easy. Please give us examples of performances by you which demonstrate that you would have found it easier than it appears.

And she is a horrible person, why, exactly? Using evidence based reasoning, please.
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Fair play to her - the challenges looked difficult. I love cycling but I wouldn't have enjoyed her ride in those conditions much. As for the Windermere swim - forget it!

She lives in my village and once almost ran me over pulling out of her drive :cry:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Well what were you doing pulling out of her drive?
  • Opinion formed solely on the basis that she makes me want to puke when she appears on my TV, that's the only reason I have and the only one I need.

Some folk you like, some folk you don`t , get over it.

As you can all see I stated it was an achievement, but because it`s her, it`s lessened in my eyes,, cause I cant stick her.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    such an irritating bitch, never liked her personally. doing it for herself and the charity of course, keeps her in the spotlight, unfortunately.
  • madtam wrote:
    I have heard of, but not seen any coverage of this.

Sport Relief is at the end of March, as we get closer to then I would expect an hour long documentary on the BBC to cover it.
  • Pross wrote:
    She ought to do a sponsored silence, I donate for that but suspect it would be a challenge too far for her.

:D

God! She's annoying..................
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Some folk you like, some folk you don`t , get over it.

Yeah, but normally you have to know someone a bit to make that judgment right? As opposed to not liking their presenting style. Maybe you do know her? Your appearance on this thread marks you out as a bit of a c0ck but then I dont have anything other than a couple of posts to go on - perhaps you're a lovely fella!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    think she should change her name to Davina McMarmite, personally can't stand her on screen persona, so don't watch her!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • But anyway, yes, I am lovely, just so`s you know.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    But anyway, yes, I am lovely, just so`s you know.

If like you say it is possible to judge a person by what limited knowledge you can posses without actually knowing someone in real life from your few posts what are we to make of you :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,896
    arran77 wrote:

If like you say it is possible to judge a person by what limited knowledge you can posses without actually knowing someone in real life from your few posts what are we to make of you :wink:
    "Prestonpans. A hub for many tourists? The home of many stars to be? No. I'm afraid that this little Scottish town is none of these things. It is infact known as the "Chav Recreation Area: Private" or "C.R.A.P" for short.
    The majority of the population in Prestonpans is working class (if thats what you can call em) despite the fact many are on benefit. This may be the reason it's a Chav magnet.
    As a side note, it is impossible to travel anywhere in the world without meeting someone from Prestonpans. "Urr you fi the Pans?"
    From here:- http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Prestonpans
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

"Prestonpans. A hub for many tourists? The home of many stars to be? No. I'm afraid that this little Scottish town is none of these things. It is infact known as the "Chav Recreation Area: Private" or "C.R.A.P" for short.
    The majority of the population in Prestonpans is working class (if thats what you can call em) despite the fact many are on benefit. This may be the reason it's a Chav magnet.
    As a side note, it is impossible to travel anywhere in the world without meeting someone from Prestonpans. "Urr you fi the Pans?"
    From here:- http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Prestonpans

Well it certainly is not difficult to judge you PBlakeney. Your utter ignorance gives you away. keyboard warrior who hides on the net.
    And I wonder why my post was edited while the post abusing me is still untouched. Poor moderating there chaps.
    I mean,,, the guy actually is a dick
  • Mikey23
    Please miss he stole my conkers ...
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Look let's just say there are not many people who could possibly deny that as a presenter she is annoying. She grates me too, but as most of the TV shows she presents tend to not be my cup of tea I don't watch, so it isn't really an issue.

Not being able to stand someone however does not make them a 'horrible person'. Some people do seem to have difficulty distinguishing between 'celebrity' and real life. Annoying? Yes. Horrible person? A bit strong for a person you've never met.
  • Mikey23
    To be honest I'm not sure what she does. Could anyone please enlighten me? It's unlikely to be anything that I would watch so her annoyance factor or lack of it is rather irrelevant to me... So fair play to the maid for a good effort
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Mikey23 wrote:
    To be honest I'm not sure what she does. Could anyone please enlighten me?

Drugs mainly :wink:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/28/davina-mccall-drug-addiction-dad_n_3345043.html
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Oh and big brother... Ye gods

I would be embarrassed to have an opinion on her because it would suggest that I buy in to the dross and drivel that she represents...
This discussion has been closed.