Need a compressor to switch tubeless ready tyres? track pump

pseymour
pseymour Posts: 194
edited February 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
My rear tyre on my Giant Anthem 26 has been converted to a tubeless setup by my local bike shop. However I want to switch the tyre to another tubeless ready tyre. Do I need a compressor to do this, or will a track pump and some elbow grease give me enough pump to inflate it so it seals properly :oops: . Cheers, Pete
Giant Anthem X3 2010.

Comments

• Track pump should be ok. Failing that just shock it on with a gas canister.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    some tyres can be an arse to get on. my WTB's went on piss easy the conti mountain kings protections took an age and almost gave me a heart attack trying to put it on. If the sidewall is straight they should go on ok. put on plenty of soapy water. if you can't get it on with a track pump go to your local garage
  • I managed fine with a track pump - and that was for Schwalbe Nobby Nics :)
  • A Track Pump worked fine for me with Nobby Nic's, just connect it up and pump like billy-o :D
    Giant Trance X2 - 2013
    Giant Trance X3 - 2012 - Stolen :(
    Cannondale Trail SL6 - 2010
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Track pump fine. IMO if you need a compressor something else is wrong with the set up - need another layer of tape or something.
  • pseymour
    pseymour Posts: 194
    Track pump sounds like it should work. I'm fitting a Maxxis Ikon 3c tubeless ready 26er. I converted my rim with a Stans conversion kit. So fingers crossed.
    Giant Anthem X3 2010.