xt derailleur ?

jozeppi
jozeppi Posts: 40
edited February 2014 in MTB buying advice
I would like to upgrade my rear derailleur shimano deore m592 shadow to a shimano xt but which one ?
ive got xt shifters and 9speed xt cassette
cassette 11-34 tooth
chainrings44/32/22
when i google xt 9 speed derailleur theres more and you can shake a stick at so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated

Comments

• Any Shimano 9spd.

But Why?

You've got XT at the shifter where you can really tell.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    There's only a choice of long or medium cage isn't there?

With a triple on the front you need a long cage as far as I know.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Nope - they'll be 10 speed, 10spd+, XT conventional 9spd, 9spd shadow and the touring varieties.

Sorry, any 9speed which covers the capacity of your setup. But most likely it'll be long cage.

If it is not broken then not really worth touching it tbh.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Nope - they'll be 10 speed, 10spd+

If he Google's for XT 9 speed then he probably won't get those options :wink:

Searching for xt 9 speed rear derailleur brings up CRC first and Wiggle second, both only have an option of long or medium cage.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    if its not worn or needs replacing, then carry on using it ?

i had a similar setup, used the parts till they was worn and upgraded to 10spd recently with the fancy xt clutch mech and shifter.

the biggest difference was the gear shifter, a clear difference between using shimano alivio shifter and going to an xt shifter.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    9 speed clutch mechs don't exist chunkers
  • Where did I say they did?
  • Cqc
    9spd shadow
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Cqc wrote:
    9spd shadow

So where does that say clutch? Shadow is not clutch.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Cqc
    Shadow is like type 2, a word for clutch, or am I being dumb?
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Being dumb. Shadow is the low profile design from Shimano introduced what, 6/7 years ago? Shadow+ is low profile design with a clutch.
  • Cqc
    Whoops