Oval Saddle Rails - what seatpost

brettjmcc
brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
I have an option to buy a saddle at reduced price from a friend. A Fizik with their Oval (7x9mm) carbon rails.

I think this needs a special saddle clamp? and Googling, bar getting a Fizik Cyrano, the only definite option I could find was getting an adaptor for a Ritchey seat post.

I hear it should be a top bottom clamp rather than a side clamp. Does anyone have any experience and recommendation please? If it turns out to cost me a load with a new(ish) seat post I may just pass. Thanks

Brett
BMC GF01
Quintana Roo Cd01
Project High End Hack
Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
I like Carbon

Comments

• brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Oh and before anyone says, ask the friend. He was given it and hasn't used it, so he can't tell me!
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I'm using a 3T Doric at the mo, in the past I've used Ritchey two bolt wcs and the ritchey one bolt but you'll need a different rail clamp(£9) for the one bolt post.
    Given the choice I'd use Ritchey because the clamp and general quality of 3T is poor.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Ritchey WCS 1-bolt seatposts are the bomb (I have quite a few). You can oink them up cheap from Acycles.co.uk.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Thomson Elite and Masterpiece work well with the oval rails. 3T Doric and Dorico also