The whole giraffe thing..

thomthom
thomthom Posts: 3,574
edited February 2014 in The cake stop
Who's is that idiot working for channel 4 news here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxgAC0dWK4

This sensationalist actually had the nerve to ask if he 'loved animals'.

Also, 'the childen freaked out' - No? No they didn't. Where did he get that from? They were really interested and open-minded as kids happen to be. Don't tell me that British children don't have dissection as part of a biology class.

What kind of 'pest' do reckon he had for dinner later that day?

Comments

• Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    ... the only prob I had with kids seeing the animal butchered is that they may now associate a zoo with a place where animals are butchered (well, maybe they are now)...

Still, I can't help but imagine what will happen when inbreeding becomes a problem for the zoo staff...
  • thomthom
    But it wasn't 'butchered'. It was a part of a educational dessection where the vets educated the kids and parents. And this has been done for years and years in the Zoo's here. Be that with pigs, cows, hens, elephants.. and now a giraffe.

It really annoys me that the host just jumps to the conclusion, without being there, that all the kids were frightened by the looks of the giraffe when that wasn't the case at all.
  • Akirasho
    ... I get where you're going, but I still like giraffes... Dog played a bad enuff prank on them by making taking a drink a life threatening event even worse than simple choking that we humans endure and a BP high enuff to power a small engine so I feel for them...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    But it's not a whole giraffe any more....

Seriously, we need to get over the emotional claptrap that puts animals (well, cute ones anyway) on a par with humans. They're not, although if you can put forward an animal to make the case for animal equality I would maybe take it seriously.

Try this: http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... affe/14651
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Akirasho wrote:
    ... the only prob I had with kids seeing the animal butchered is that they may now associate a zoo with a place where animals are butchered (well, maybe they are now)...

Still, I can't help but imagine what will happen when inbreeding becomes a problem for the zoo staff...

This doesn't normally happen as the zoo staff are usually allowed to marry other people from outside the zoo

The older I get, the better I was.

• thomthom
    edited February 2014
    Capt Slog wrote:

This doesn't normally happen as the zoo staff are usually allowed to marry other people from outside the zoo

This was approved.
    Nj4DgGy.gif
  • Akirasho
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:

... zoo folk are a lot like carney and circus folk... a close knit bunch that does stuff that most of the public doesn't see (please tell me you know this is a joke so I can stop)...
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    This giraffe then, was he as big as Chris Boardman?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Akirasho wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:

... zoo folk are a lot like carney and circus folk... a close knit bunch that does stuff that most of the public doesn't see (please tell me you know this is a joke so I can stop)...

:lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• "Still, I can't help but imagine what will happen when inbreeding becomes a problem for the zoo staff...[/quote]

51aQGouaY5L._SX300_.jpg