Zesty, Remedy or other?

mfereborn
mfereborn Posts: 480
edited February 2014 in MTB buying advice
Long time no post guys, but after some money woes I can afford to buy myself another bike. I've decided that instead of building one to spec, i'm going to buy new so that i can get a frame warranty and peace of mind in a 'ready to ride' package (which will be a nice change for me).

Budget: £2500 MAX (Ideally £2000).

Requirements - Hard hitting trail bike that can be used when leading groups, but also bombing down Mt.Snowdon on weekends. Must climb well whilst taking some abuse. 140-150mm fork, SLX/XT type spec, Fox suspension.

For the reasons above, i have narrowed it down to two bikes i have had in the past - but their newer equivalents. I'm looking at either a 2014 Zesty or a 2014 Remedy.

I know these are grossly different to the circa 2010 models i had in the past, but i am straying towards these bikes as they also meet all my requirements. The only difference is the Trek seems to have a slightly lower spec than the Lap for the price.

I was wondering which the Bikeradar community would stray towards?

Additionally, I would consider a 2013 model, but i do really fancy 27.5", as well as the other minor updates that come with both rides - however significant savings can be had on 2013 models.

Any advice guys?

Cheers!
The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P

Comments

• Regarding the warranty point from my experience Trek are much better/quicker than Lappy.
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • I too was under that impression; i suppose to clarify though, i would be more interested the duration and cover of such, than the speed of turn around. It's unlikely i'll trash a frame (i'm a pansy), its more for the reassurance than anything else.
    The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P