British Cycling discount at Halfords Autocentre?

Semantik
Semantik Posts: 537
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Has anybody successfully used their British Cycling discount entitlement at the Halfords Autocentres?

Only ask, as I was there the other day getting a price for some car tyres and the sales guy flatly rejected any idea of using the discount voucher to buy from them- he said they were a separate outfit and wouldn't honour any discount, despite the discount being routinely available through the voucher scheme in the retail shop next door.

Anyone know different or care to comment on this?

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Probably because the discount applies to Halfords, the retail shop that sells bikes and accessories, rather than Halfords Autocentres, the car servicing and MoT centres. Doubtless run as separate P&L businesses under the same umbrella organisation, so entirely different when it come to sales, offers etc. I have the opposite issue where I can cash my hotel points in for Autocentre vouchers when what I would prefer are ones I can spend in the shop.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Perhaps you two could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement?
  • I used it Halfords in Macclesfield recently with no problem. I bought some wheel trims and got some discount because they'd been wrongly labelled on the shelf, then I presented my voucher. Double discount :D

It clearly states on the voucher that it is 'valid on cycling and non-cycling purchases'.
  • Matteomjb wrote:
    I used it Halfords in Macclesfield recently with no problem. I bought some wheel trims and got some discount because they'd been wrongly labelled on the shelf, then I presented my voucher. Double discount :D

It clearly states on the voucher that it is 'valid on cycling and non-cycling purchases'.

But that's Halford, not Halfords Autocentres.
  • But that's Halford, not Halfords Autocentres.

Oops yes, just realised the difference. I tried to delete it but you beat me to it. :oops:
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    I used mine but that was when buying a bike. Although it says valid on cycling and non-cycling purchases I can't imagine is what BC had in mind when trying to promote cycling over traveling by car.