Hub choice

yellowv2
yellowv2 Posts: 282
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
I am about to have some best wheels built. I think I have narrowed the hub choice down to, either the White Industries T11 or DT Swiss 240s.
Weight wise I am about 70kgs and propose 20/24 or 24/28 spoke count on to Pacenti SL23 rims. (I prefer them aesthetically to Archytypes, even though I know they are more expensive! I would consider HED Belgium C2 but even more expensive and not readily available, I think?) I will be using them for general club rides and sportive type rides, ie not racing.
Does anyone have experience or thoughts/opinions on these hubs that could help me decide?
NB, I require a Campag freehub.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    The DT Swiss 240s is a solid hub. I can't actually see any advantage in using the T11 over them, but I'm sure others will have their own opinion on the subject.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I'm going through the same process at the moment. I've narrowed it down to T11 hubs with SL23 rims. Feedback from those with T11s is excellent. It's easy to convert from Campag to Shimano should you need to in the future.

I weigh in at about 85kg at the moment and feedback suggests that the SL23 laced 24:28 will produce a wheel that is both stiff and strong enough for me.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved