Pedal Clicking

mahesket
mahesket Posts: 85
edited February 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Bit if strange one, unsure of what this could be but yesterday my left pedal developed a click on the power stroke, Not all the time mind.

Any ideas? sorry to be vague

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bearings.
    Something catching.
    Knees.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Knees could be a good shout. I will have to have a closer inspection to see if anything stands out. I would hope its not bearings can't have done 200 miles on the thing. but you never know
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Catching the front mech cable end with your foot/leg etc.

I'd check all those strange little things before dis-assembling any bearings
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Could also be the Bottom Bracket and not the pedal.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    Had that same click on my Nanos a few months back. They were around a year old at the time. Stripped and serviced them with the kit from Superstar and all was fine and have been fine for the 6 months since. To be honest the bearings looked fine so just a clean and lube would have probably worked okay.

I've also had bearings go on a few week old set of V8s before so I wouldn't totally rule it out but you should also look at the BB and even the saddle clamp (if you're sitting)
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    You may think it strange but also check your saddle / seatpost
  • I was convinced onr of my pedals had developed play/a click. No amount of servicing sorted them. Turned out to be the bb. Pedals are fine!
  • Cheers for all your suggestions guys, hopefully I will get a chance to look at this in more detail tomorrow night. i'll check everything is tight before resorting to striping BB's etc.

Thanks again
    Matt