Spring classics on tv?

Andyh4324
Andyh4324 Posts: 58
edited February 2014 in The cake stop
Fancy watching these races this year as havn't seen much of them before. Can anyone tell me when and where they are on TV? I've had a google and not come up with much. Will there be highlights or full coverage on ITV4? Hopefully not on Eurosport as I don't have that.

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Unfortunately, for you, Eurosport cover the Spring classics and coverage is usually pretty good. Cant recall any highlights shows on ITV and Co.

People usually upload the Eurosport coverage to YouTube a few days after though, some even edit the adverts out.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    unfortunately sattelite has it just about stitched with sky sports and eurosport
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    If you're not too bothered about watching it live - http://www.cyclingtorrents.nl/

Download just about every race and watch at your leisure. Great for those long hours on the turbo. I have all of the Tour Down Under ready to watch.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • Paris-Roubaix was certainly Eurosport last year, although the coverage was pretty dire, highlights at like 11pm IIRC.
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    Steephill TV has feeds.

Usually the Classics are on Eurosport but depends if they have some sh!tty tennis on which may overrun!
  • Eurosport can always be had as an app on for PC / Android / IOS etc, costs £3.99 per month for a yearly subscription or £5.99 on a monthly no contract basis. I subscribe and watch it on phone, laptop or Xbox One depending where I am.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    ITV4 had highlights of some of them last year. Certainly Leige-Bastogne-Liege, I think Flanders and P-R (though not MSR). No idea if they are showing highlights this year but my memory is that these races were part of their Tour package (along with a few others such as the Criterium International of which they also had highlghts) so there's a fair chance (esp. if Wiggins is racing in LBL and P-R).
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Paris-Roubaix was certainly Eurosport last year, although the coverage was pretty dire, highlights at like 11pm IIRC.

Dire? There were hours of live coverage. Commentary can be hit and miss but I wouldn't fault the coverage.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    Paulie W wrote:
    ITV4 had highlights of some of them last year. Certainly Leige-Bastogne-Liege, I think Flanders and P-R (though not MSR). No idea if they are showing highlights this year but my memory is that these races were part of their Tour package (along with a few others such as the Criterium International of which they also had highlghts) so there's a fair chance (esp. if Wiggins is racing in LBL and P-R).

this, I protested loudly every time that Mrs Ed wanted to delete them from the HD box

I might tweet Ned Boulting to ask if he's been approached about the presenting gig again...
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Eurosport has got a great line up, once again. I use the online version and the quality of the picture (when the original feed is good) is fantastic. The Tour of Dubai was just excellent all round...and the price? £2.99 per month. I just connect the laptop up to the telly via the PC monitor slot, connect the audio via the headphone out/audio in and off it goes, brilliant. One can also use one smart device and the quality on my Galaxy S4 is just awesome. I sound like an advert :)

http://2014tvguide.eurosport.com/#/14