Quick advice please

jossw
jossw Posts: 3
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, my first post so sorry in advanced as im sure it will of been asked many times. Im going to order a bike online this afternoon, i was set on a planet x pro carbon but then somebody told me to take a look at this cube

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cube ... prod111918

its £20 cheaper than the planet x so price isnt a issue. Im just stuck on which to pick? I know its my decision etc... but just wondered what people thought of the bikes? Ive read many reviews on both bikes but that still hasnt helped me decide. I live in the middle of nowhere so testing each bike is out of the question unfortunately. Planet x reviews seem to be mixed but then some cube reviews I have read have mentioned carbon frames cracking. Im sure there is horror stories on every bike if looked hard enough so just hoping somebody on here can advise.

thanks

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Without knowing the spec of the PX, it's difficult to comment really..
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Spec is very similar with a few 'minor' differences on brakeset, etc. You are only going to get personal opinions here, any my own choice would be the PX, because the frames are well thought of and I've always had good experiences of dealing with them. I also know people with the Cube Agree who seem to like it. I'd still go with PX though...
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    I would also go for the PX, pro carbon. The Cube is not exactly a lightweight for a carbon frame. Both have decent mid-range spec. I think you'd be really happy with either, so get the one that 'talks' to you. I've been sorely tempted recently to put a few hundred more in and get the RT-58 ultegra-equipped bike, the RT-58 frame is a bit more long distance comfort design and the group set is truly excellent for this money. Also quite liking the new lime green/white paint job :)