29 er tyres

davegriffiths
davegriffiths Posts: 102
edited February 2014 in MTB buying advice
Just took the leap and bought a 29 er but always used Continental tyres on my 26 inch bike so dont have any experience with 29 inch tyres and Continental dont offer a good range of tyres for this wheel size
Can anyone recommend tyres for a Niner hardtail to be used for xc type riding ,the bike came with tyres for hard packed dry conditions so not much use down here in the west country at the moment

Comments

• I'm using schwalbe nobbly nics at the moment. Apart from a pinch flat (pressure related not tyre fault) I have no issues with them. The geip well on compacted surface and seem to deal with mud really well too. I think they were about £35 each.
    I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Got an On-One Smorgasbord 2.25 on the front and a Maxxis Beaver 2.00 on the back. At the moment they seem a good balance between not sliding sideways into every corner and not feeling like I am dragging the brakes all the time.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap