Any happy tubeless users here?

primalcarl
primalcarl Posts: 579
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
I've bought some new Stan's 340 wheels having been attracted by the low weight, with the intention of running them tubed. Having since come across horror stories on WW with clinchers popping off the rim, I've felt pursuaded to run these wheels tubeless.

I've ordered some tubeless Schwalbe Ultremos, looking forward to giving it a try

Comments

• RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    I bought some handbuilts on 340 rims a few months go. Done about 400 miles so far on clinchers (Conti GP4000S) with a reasonable amount of fast-ish descents thrown in. No issues (touch wood) so far with tyres popping off the rims

However reason I bought them was for the low weight and also the option of running them tubeless, so also interested in any feedback
  • One very happy user here. I run Bonty R3's on DA C24's and on Ultegra wheels. Lost a bit of weight, can run lower pressures, and I've picked up several thorns which have punctured them, and sealed almost immediately. Wouldn't go back.

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Another happy user here. I built up some Stan's 340 rims last spring and used them most of the summer with Ultremo tubeless tyres. Very nice lightweight set of wheels, but I found the Ultremo tubeless tyres to wear much faster than the regular Ultreomos. I ran them at around 90 psi, which gave a comfortable ride and confident cornering. I had a couple of unsealable punctures, but I can't complain too much, one was a destroyed side wall when I hit a rock, and the other slowly went down with a half inch screw stuck in the centre of the tread. I may try different tubeless tyres this year.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    If you run tubeless and you get an unsealable puncture, does this mean a walk home?
  • No, you put a tube in, same as normal.

http://garstangcyclingclub.net