slx 665 brake issue.

crispy1980
crispy1980 Posts: 310
edited February 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
The rear brake has been really down on power on the last couple if rides. Fitted New pads and cleaned rotor and it was no better. I'v given them a bleed today and whilst the brake is w lot better there is now a notchy point in the lever action. I'm pretty sure it was not like this before although it is not as easy to tell whilst riding. Any hideaway might be up?

Comments

• mali01
    mali01 Posts: 81
    Im having the same issue with my Rear Deore 615. Hardly any power, lever travels far to far. and that notchy feeling as the pressure is applied. I havnt bled them yet but im sure they could do with it as the rear never felt right from new.
  • It's just one point through the lever travel for me. Apply pressure to the lever and it travels so far then resistance increases and it kind of snaps past this then it's fine. I'm pretty certain it didn't do this before I bled it. I tried burping it first and after that the lever was stiff but -he brakes were still Shiite. After the bleed the brake feels good except fir the lever
  • Stripped reach adjuster.....
  • check the servo wave pivot/roller, its the bit the lever acts on, I lub mine once month, should be free to rotate