Mallorca Challenge streamed?

2»

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    This could be great news for Sky, what with OPQS having their own dodgy doctor and suddenly winning everything in sight. :wink: :twisted:
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    Outta sight this is what were talllllking bout EBH (aka the new Eddie Merckx) is backin townnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Deia?

Hmm
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • I was at the start in Deia and the finish in Lluc. Wa-hay!

(EBH is looking the leanest I've seen him since 2011, I'd say. He's has a good winter, training's been going well according to Rod Ellingworth who I buttonholed yet again this morning)

Sebastien Henao is looking good. Dayer Quintana was also on the startline today.
  • RR do you have any more gossip from the inside of the big black sky bus?

I would change my avi Frenchie but I can't find where I put the pic for now. I will dig it out.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • SPTDW3026-636x440.jpg

1149110_10152334651284873_1706985414_o.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Another nice result for the Yates', Simon this time, finishing in the first chasing group
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited February 2014
    4 OPQS in the top six : )
    LLS 8th
    Henao junior in 2nd group only 31 secs back.
    The four Brits in the Sky team soft pedalled in. Nice work by EBH to set himself up.
    Also Linus, representing MTN, came in 14mins down.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RR do you have any more gossip from the inside of the big black sky bus?

I would change my avi Frenchie but I can't find where I put the pic for now. I will dig it out.

The BIG news is that DaveB has been reading what The Truth (sic) and ray-mondo-jas have been posting here, and they've really jolted his conscience, so he's going to confess all the dark dirty doping misdeeds to Cookie's CIRC... :P

Back on Planet Earth, winter training's gone well for the chaps, apparently. Swifty's flying -seems that a number of riders from other teams - not just Sky - gave Gianni Meersman grief for impeding Swifty yday. Sebastien Henao's fitted in v well, nothing fazes him - and cousin Sergio says Sebastian's better than him(!). I chatted with Swifty and Ian Boswell this morning. Edvald was in very good spirits on the podium and afterwards (despite initially thinking he'd won cos he didn't know MK was up the road :-)

MK sends his best to you, ATC 8)

EDIT: mate managed to get a tour of the Death Star (don't ask). In the interests of transparency, she wants it to be known that she had a quick shifty but could see nothing dodgy

Oh, and we chatted with Adam Yates yday (after mandatory whispers 'is that...Adam...or Simon...over there...oh bugger it, it's one of them, we're on a 50/50 here'
  • Today's tdp coverage is a bit pants.
    Lots of quick camera work and a particularly nasty shot of Chris Horner's
    double chin as he's on the front, chopping down the peloton weaklings.
    Kwiatkowski got away with Henao, but after that, who knows?
    FF's photos are all I saw of the finish.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Back on Planet Earth, winter training's gone well for the chaps, apparently. Swifty's flying -seems that a number of riders from other teams - not just Sky - gave Gianni Meersman grief for impeding Swifty yday. Sebastien Henao's fitted in v well, nothing fazes him - and cousin Sergio says Sebastian's better than him(!). I chatted with Swifty and Ian Boswell this morning. Edvald was in very good spirits on the podium and afterwards (despite initially thinking he'd won cos he didn't know MK was up the road :-)

Oh, and we chatted with Adam Yates yday (after mandatory whispers 'is that...Adam...or Simon...over there...oh bugger it, it's one of them, we're on a 50/50 here'
    Did you say hello to Erik Zabel or is he hiding from you now?

(And as for the Yates difficulty, surely a greeting of 'Yatesy' avoids embarrassment)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ^No, Katusha have sent him on a little holiday far away from any bike races pending the Katusha secret police checking out my future race-going plans #trouble
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    RR do you have any more gossip from the inside of the big black sky bus?

The BIG news is that DaveB has been reading what The Truth (sic) and ray-mondo-jas have been posting here, and they've really jolted his conscience, so he's going to confess all the dark dirty doping misdeeds to Cookie's CIRC... :P

EDIT: mate managed to get a tour of the Death Star (don't ask). In the interests of transparency, she wants it to be known that she had a quick shifty but could see nothing dodgy

Unless i'm mistaken, Swift never really got going last year. Are we going to see him step up this year?
  • Tdp's 20 minute highlights package:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndL5S-omSQ
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mallorca14st3_horner.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • smoked shades are a fail with that kit, the blue tints look cool
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • inseine wrote:
    Unless i'm mistaken, Swift never really got going last year. Are we going to see him step up this year?

He crashed on the 3rd day of the Mallorca races last year - that did for his Spring and he never really got over the injury till he went under the knife last Sep
  • Gianni Meersman won the race yesterday.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    20 mins of highlights again from here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlBWJhVDqcc