One for the mechanics out there.

2»

Comments

• 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Is it possible to put a Sram rd shifter on, or even better shifter and rear mech? I think they use the same pitch cassette.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Napalm100 wrote:
    We have a number of bikes in the shop that I work in with some real shifting issues.

We have two Cannondale Super6's, one Trek Domane and one Chinese carbon frame, none of which will shift properly.

I don't have a solution for you but I can assure you that the bike brands or types or country of manufacture have very, very, little or nothing to do with shifting. That is the province of Campy, Shimano, or Sram.
    Just mentioning it because you mentioned it in a way that made it seem as though it made some difference.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    I don't get this, if you really have set them up with all the new bits you say you ve tried, then there is no common factor, they are different frames and grp sets and lots of new parts :)
    I ve built up bikes using 105 ultegra and DA in all guises over many years and so long as you follow the shimano tech docs instructions then all will be well.

the change from 10th to 9th is a simple pull of the cable and even if you had it badly routed, it would still change up, even if it were a stiff change, you ve tried new shifters, new sp41 cables and shimano inners and routed correctly through the shifters, I am assuming.

If this is a genuine post, I would take all the bits and ONE bike and work on that one only, gear shifting is nt rocket science, as im sure you are aware.
    just one thing, the B screw adjustment is set correctly on all bikes? the mtb mech seems to point to this and you ve put the cable on the correct side of the pinch bolt?

and another, you said a full length outer from sti to RD worked fine? then this would suggest some sort of cable routing issue or length or have you fitted in line cable tensioners? I think some else has said this also!