Burrito - Richmond

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
I now work in Richmond and I'm starving because I'm doing intermittent fasting. I can eat from mid day so can any if the Richmondites on the forum tell me where I can get a burrito from.

Name your price and in will pay.
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• Coin de Paris, do chicken wraps that are nice.

Whole Foods do Burritos I think.
  • Nip to hammersmith and go to tortilla for the best burritos in london.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • asprilla
    Nip to hammersmith and go to tortilla for the best burritos in london.

Indeed. Been there many times. I can also highly recommend Mr Falafal in Shepherd's Bush market for epic wraps. Go on a nice day as the queue is out the door.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • There used to be a shop opposite Santander in The Quadrant who make a mean spicy chicken wrap. Not sure of the name though, I'm afraid.
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • asprilla
    Whole Foods a Pork Burrito - 7/10.

Still hungry.

Still nothing beats the excellent but expensive and chainy Benito's Hat in KingsX.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Daddy Donkey down near Hatton Garden always used to be awesome..
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • Asprilla wrote:
    I now work in Richmond and I'm starving because I'm doing intermittent fasting. I can eat from mid day so can any if the Richmondites on the forum tell me where I can get a burrito from.

Can I recommend a falafel wrap instead? Taste of Lebanon, not far from the station is one of the best in London... of course they do shwarma, kofta and all things, but their falafel are seriously good
    left the forum March 2023
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    There used to be a place that did good falafel wraps down near the bridge, but it's 15 years since I worked in Richmond so it's probably all changed since then.
  • asprilla
    Asprilla wrote:

Can I recommend a falafel wrap instead? Taste of Lebanon, not far from the station is one of the best in London... of course they do shwarma, kofta and all things, but their falafel are seriously good

Saw it on the way back from Whole Foods and made a mental note.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Saw it on the way back from Whole Foods and made a mental note.

It is fair to say that I go there very often and know the price list by heart... Large falafel wrap is 3.50 although the sign says 4 pounds... it's incredibly good value for this part of the world.
    left the forum March 2023
  • I've just tried 'Wrap it up' in the City, over priced and a bit dissapointing, definately not worth a journey in from Richmond.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,089
    MrSweary wrote:
    Daddy Donkey down near Hatton Garden always used to be awesome..

Still pretty good. We managed to persuade the boss to order from there for our occasional lunchtime CPD sessions.

I wonder if DDD has visited :lol:

Falafel King on Leather Lane is heavily patronised by my colleagues, but again a bit of a schlep for lunch.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Asprilla wrote:
    Whole Foods a Pork Burrito - 7/10.

Still hungry.

Still nothing beats the excellent but expensive and chainy Benito's Hat in KingsX.

1910 in Westfield near where you and I used to work knocks benitos (where I now work near!) into a cocked hat.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Bit of a way to go from Richmond, but Picante, near Victoria, is excellent. Gussio introduced me to it.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."