Do they sell stuff at bike show

boogi11
boogi11 Posts: 354
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all, I'm after a new set of shoes and am off to the bike show next week, but people are telling me there is very little to buy there.

Any experiences

Cheers

Comments

• SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    Very little and what there is is usually at full retail. Madison and sometimes Wiggle have some decent deals but it's really pot luck if they have your size.

If you go there to buy, my guess is you'll come away very disappointed but if you go to look and drool, you'll be fine!
  • Yep agree with the above. Went last year expecting to come back with a load of gear and was very disappointed.
    Not going this year. You'd be better off just having a day out at a large bike shop!
  • Its an exhibition to show stuff off - they won't have that much stock, particularly shoes as each model may have about 10 different sizes.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    We bought loads of gear last year, everything from shoes to gloves to full outfits. Pearl Izumi to Assoss to Castelli... there were full ranges and plenty of bargains.

Wiggle had a big presence last year and a really good shoe range.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Differing opinions there !

If anyone is in London in April - the London Marathon expo is free and worth a look round - lots of deals on energy stuff and kit - OK no bike bits - but there's plenty of not 100% cycling stuff to buy.
  • Seriously dont waste your money, go spend an hour ealking round a good bike shop. More to see, stuff to buy, and just a better experience. Ive done london and birmingham and as usual its the poorly uk organised standard, overpriced food very little to buy as said before full retail, expensive parking. Just dont bother. We have have a show here in mallorca and better and its free and they give stuff away and free parking. Couldnt get any different.