Lusso Pro Gel insert

dieselgeezer
dieselgeezer Posts: 231
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Sill trying to find the Holy Grail.
Have been using Assos Mille bibs for some time but find they only last for about 9 months or so before the insert stitching comes adrift. I know that Assos will repair but when I send them back they say that the lycra (see through rear by then) is too thin to repair.
So, looking at more £ friendly options. Years ago I wore Lusso gear. Has anyone any thoughts on their "new" Pro Gel insert??
-- "I am but a spoke in the wheel of life" -- Ghandi

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    I find the Castelli Kiss3 pad to be excellent, and the more expensive Castelli pad (Progetto X2 Air Seat Pad) is supposed to be even better.

The pad in my DHB Aeron Race shorts is also pretty good.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • DiscoBoy wrote:
    I find the Castelli Kiss3 pad to be excellent, and the more expensive Castelli pad (Progetto X2 Air Seat Pad) is supposed to be even better.

The pad in my DHB Aeron Race shorts is also pretty good.

Its very personal I didn't get on with the Progetto X2 it felt to me it only worked well in a aero tuck which my old bones won't do. I find DHB are good for about 2-3 k miles but then they feel like they bottom out. My next try is going to be with Giordana FRC Body Clone (Cirro of pad) which have a good rep but I think all you can do is try them as everyone differs.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    ave not tried the 'new' Lusso pro gel, but the old one was to thigk and well gel like , meaning you slopped around on it. OK for aboout 30miles(ish) but mine are now consigned to the turbo where they have been putting in pretty good service for a few years now.

I also dont really get on with the Progetto 2 pad as my sit bones fall off the back.

By a long way the best shorts I have found (for me), which also have a thicker Mille type pad, are Sportful Total Comfort. Take about 50 miles fr the pad to bed down a bit, then they are great. Reccomended to a couple of others I ride with and all in agreement. Since getting a pair about Sept 2012 I have not worn any other shorts for anything over 20 miles and also rarely wear padded tights or 3/4 in favour of wearing combinations with these shorts.

Stock and deals seem to be few and far between at the moment though.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')