Scott genius fitting a fox remote ctd shock

biggazu
biggazu Posts: 67
edited February 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Scott Genius fitting a Fox remote ctd shock

Help needed please, I want to know before ordering.
Can I use Fox FLOAT CTD Boost Valve Remote 2013 Rear Shock on my 2013 scott genius
twinloc system. The 2014 genius run a fox nude, which you cannot buy from fox and
scott wont supply the rear shock either.

I might end up running the fox lever system, which looks dreadful compared to the twinloc.

Comments

• Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    It will work if you get the right eye to eye length etc, but the whole twinloc thing won't
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Eye to Eye and stroke length.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Cqc
    cooldad wrote:
    Eye to Eye and stroke length.
    Hench the etc
  • cooldad
    Etc is usefully specific.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Which Genius, some are pull and some push shocks you need to get the right one!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    The Rookie wrote:

Presumably that was covered under 'etc.'
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Can I use Fox FLOAT CTD Boost Valve Remote 2013 Rear Shock on my 2013 scott genius
    Community police have been on the look out for a vandal by the name of \'The Elusive Lout\'. Any information you could give would be gratefully received.
  • cooldad
    mini_death wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:
    So?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Cqc
    All 2013 Scott geniuses were PUSH, not even worth putting under the etc.
  • cooldad
    You are my new internet hero. Who needs Wikipedia?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • A quick note on converting 2013 Scott's to fox shocks.

Danger, measure very carefully as some frames interfere with the shock.
    The most common place is where the reversible chip is and it usually hits when you put it in the low BB or slack angle mode.
    Depending on size, a gentle file may or may not cure this.
    A new rocker will fix for sure.
    The other end may or may not be an issue, again depending on size.

The official word from Scott is that only the new Nude is compatible and then only in some frame sizes.
    A direct conversation with the guys that design the things and they say that the compatibility for all sizes is all over the shop and too complicated to be turned loose on the public which will then surely stuff it up.

This is the rational behind not supplying the shocks.

So check very carefully before you buy.
    A new twinlock lever is not that expensive but I believe that it is direct compatible with your current one.
    The lever has the rear pull fixed with the front pull variable by changable, differently coloured wheels for fox, rockshock and DT forks.

I'd try and source the Nude if you can as it is highly tunable with 3 air can volume sizes as well as optional volume reducer spacers inside.