Turbo Trainer - Resistance adjustment.

Silverfox1307
Silverfox1307 Posts: 12
edited February 2014 in Workshop
I have recently purchased one of these 'RIVA SPORT STEALTH PRO ELASTOMER TURBO TRAINER' but when I change the resistance between position 1 & 7 using the handlebar resistance lever (connected to trainer via cable) the resistance does not seem to make a difference - is there a way i can adjust to get more resistance? I have tried the cable adjuster but this still does not have an effect on the resistance.

Comments

• natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Have you set it up in accordance with the instructions?? Always worth double checking.

If that doesn't work you could always set it up, wind up the resistance manually, then once on the bike fine-tune the resistance using your gears.
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Setting the turbo resistance and then using the bike's gears to vary the resistance will work if there's any resistance there in the first place - but - if it's a new turbo and nothing happens to resistance from settings 1-7 it must be faulty and you should get a replacement. Bet the cable is too loose.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    It seems to me that you should take it back if it's new, there should be noticeable difference just between the 1st & 2nd tension settings and on the hardest setting your eyes should be bulging IMO. :shock:
  • Thanks chaps & Diamonddog you describe it as how I was expecting it work, I think i will be returning it - this is my second unit, the flywheel fell off the first one! Don't think I want a third.
  • Thanks chaps & Diamonddog you describe it as how I was expecting it work, I think i will be returning it - this is my second unit, the flywheel fell off the first one! Don't think I want a third.

Get yourself a Tacx Speedmatic instead - dead cheap (£110 odds new) and mine is going strong after four years! Simple but effective units search for the BR review from a couple of years ago.