Trying to find a shimano spare part...

maltloaf_df
maltloaf_df Posts: 118
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

This is probably an easy one but I'm after a reliable stockist to order a spare spacer for my second Tiagra 10 speed cassette.

It's the spacer which goes next to the 14t gear as I stupidly lost mine.

The part number is Y35765231 and it's the 2.35mm spacer shown here...

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techd ... 750217.pdf

Google throws up a few stores that are selling it but none that I've heard of and I want to make sure I get the right part.

any help appreciated.

cheers,

malty

Comments

• Essentially any 10 speed shimano cassette spacer will fit, it is not specific to tiagra. Your local bike shop probably have used ones for free.

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-105-cs-5600-sprocket-spacer-235mm-357-6523-1-prod15888/
  • Thank you, I'll ask at my local shop when I'm next going past.
    I'm just annoyed with myself for losing the other one. Well, I didn't lose it, I had forgotten it was in the bottom of a box I used to ship something I'd sold on ebay.

Berk !
  • Sir Velo
    Sir Velo Posts: 143
    I am sure your LBS will have a few kicking about, I probably have some in the garage (not sure though if they are off a 9 or 10 speed so if really stuck let me know and if there is one in the odds and ends box you can have it).

How old is your cassette? Can you just buy a new cassette, 'borrow' the spacer from it and then when it is time for a change put your new cassette on putting the 'borrowed' spacer back.

SV
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    If you've lost a small part of a shimano groupset then it's an opportunity which should be grabbed in order to bin it all and buy something proper instead.
  • I have a second cassette so I can swap the spacer as I need to but I like to have two rear wheels ready to roll at all times.

Thank you for the offer, I may take you up on it.

mfin, what would you consider "proper"? I'm having no problem with my shimano kit other than my incompetence in losing a small but very significant piece.
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    apologies for the slight thread hijack, but it is slightly related........

1.85mm spacer for a 10 speed shimano cassette on an 11 speed hub.
    can only locate in Germany (bikediscount.de)

any other suggestions you generous folk?
  • Let me look in the shed.
  • snipsnap
    Anyone?
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Cassettes are so cheap that you might as well just buy another one. Then use the spacer off the new one, and you have a spare for when your current one wears out ;)
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • snipsnap
    Ta but it ain't that, it's the 11 speed to 10 speed spacer.

Seem to be zero in the UK :-[
  • You could always use two 1mm spacers that are used on some 10 speed cassetes. This would be oversize by 0.15mm. approx. thickness of a sheet of paper.
  • snipsnap
    freezing77 wrote:
    You could always use two 1mm spacers that are used on some 10 speed cassetes. This would be oversize by 0.15mm. approx. thickness of a sheet of paper.

Hmm. Makes a lot of sense, but think it would work?

Suppose there is only one way to find out.......