Giant Trance x 29er

coblck
coblck Posts: 217
edited February 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Bought bike 2nd hand at a fantastic price, forks weren't up to much pitted stantions and lockout broke so sold on cheaply and bought new ones, changed SRAM gears basic X5 crap to Shimano XT which i had kept for a previous project giving far better gear change and feel. Ditched the heavy wheels for some again bargain 2nd hand hope hoops on stans flow ex. Have sold all the old parts on so really hasn't cost me much at all to get to this point well under a £900 mark for what you see.

CAM00127_zpsgjjjh45k.jpg
Giant tcr pro ultegra
Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
Voodoo Marasa 2011

Comments

• Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    You bought it last week and you have already changed pretty much everything apart from the frame?? Looks great by the way but maybe you bought the wrong bike?
  • coblck
    edited February 2014
    Yeah changed the parts i had planned on changing when deciding to buy the bike making it far better than original. defo not the wrong bike had a spesh camber before now that was the wrong bike.
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Could have bought the frame on its own maybe?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • coblck
    For the price i got the bike and upgrades worked out cheaper than just new frame, havent seen much of these frames up for sale.
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Its a tribute to Roger Llyod Pack its Trigger's Broom, Different group set, Different Wheels and Different fork but he's had the same bike for 20 years, Look after your Broom,

Still not bad for £900 looks good.
  • coblck
    Look after all my brooms thank you
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    coblck wrote:
    Have sold all the old parts on so really hasn't cost me much at all to get to this point well under a £900 mark for what you see.

Bargain.
  • coblck
    Yeah i think so frame is mint thats the main reason in buying, good platform to build on.
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • Nice pic, Im looking to get the same bike next month!
  • coblck
    You'll love it mate really enjoying mine, had a Spesh carve pro but just couldn't get on with it felt like I was sitting on it the giant is like I'm sitting in it much better I feel. Also feels like endless travel. Let me know how u get on.
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011