Hydraulic road disk - Sram compatability

michaelede
michaelede Posts: 152
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,
Possibly a deeply stupid question but I can't quite figure it out.

So ignoring the whole recall issue for a minute.

Are the hydraulic road disk master cylinder and shifter (either the Red 22 or the S-700) compatible with lesser offerings in the range? Specifically the 20 Speed SRAM Apex front and rear derailleur?

If I've worded the above stupidly please correct me as I haven't really got the hang of all the jargon yet.

Comments

• The question makes sense... I have no idea about the answer though... :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I see no reason why not. All SRAMs MTB kit is interchangeable between levels (except 10spd).

Check on SRAMs webby site about the shifting technology for each level and I bet they all use the same.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    All 10 speed SRAM shifter are compatible with all SRAM 10 speed mech but red is 11 speed so that will not be compatible with a Apex 10 speed rear mech. Front mech will probably work fine though.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Great, so looks like the S-700 would be compatible. Thank you for your help, I will have a closer look at the SRAM website as well.