New Bike Shop in C.London (Intersport)

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
It's on Bow Lane by the Mansion House Underground entrance, just up the road from that excellent burrito place.

Used to be JD sports but is now Cycles UK (or something) which is part of Intersport from what I can tell.

Stocks Bianchi (has an Oltre in the window), Wilier, Merida and Whyte from what I could see. Has some Castelli and Altura clothing and a few other bits including shoes, glasses and others.

20% off until end of Feb as well.

Comments

• Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    I'll have a look an my way home tonight..
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Fantastically located for a swift one in the Olde Watling, which is a thursday night watering hole par excellence! :)

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • coriordan wrote:
    that excellent burrito place.

This is of greater interest - do tell :D
  • Anonymous
    Really? It's absolutely amazing. There is no Google street view, but its between Ye Olde Watling and Planet of the Grapes, you would struggle to miss it if you came out of the Mansion House underground on Bow Lane.
    Open most days, around £6. Get there.

Also if you walk down the side street between the burrito place and Planet of the Grapes there is a reasonable burger/spicy sausage place down there too.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,642
    Excellent.

10 minute jaunt from where I work :)
  • coriordan wrote:
    Really? It's absolutely amazing. There is no Google street view, but its between Ye Olde Watling and Planet of the Grapes, you would struggle to miss it if you came out of the Mansion House underground on Bow Lane.
    Open most days, around £6. Get there.

Also if you walk down the side street between the burrito place and Planet of the Grapes there is a reasonable burger/spicy sausage place down there too.

Noted. 10 minutes stroll is well within my burrito range.
  • Anonymous
    RC...I can pretty much guess where you work.

Edit: if its 10 mins, perhaps not. Hays is a 2 min walk at best, and that's including a leisurely pause to view into the Rigby and Peller shop window
  • Medders
    Medders Posts: 152
    Went in at lunchtime today. Seemed pretty good - staff v enthusiastic and keen to get feedback on the needs of the local market and stock accordingly. 20% discount for the month on everything including bikes is good.

Cycling stuff on first floor with running on ground floor. I would have thought it would have been better to have it the other way round but then I am biased.

Riding:
    Canyon Nerve AL9.9 2014
    Honda CBR600f 2013
    Condor Fratello 2010
    Cervelo RS 2009
    Specialized Rockhopper Pro 2008
  • Anonymous
    What about the burrito place?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    coriordan wrote:
    I don't think they do cycling stuff at all...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Medders
    Medders Posts: 152
    i did ask for castelli bibtights in there but no joy. So i had a monster of a burrito instead but was rather disappointed. more lidl than assos in terms of quality.

Riding:
    Canyon Nerve AL9.9 2014
    Honda CBR600f 2013
    Condor Fratello 2010
    Cervelo RS 2009
    Specialized Rockhopper Pro 2008
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    TGOTB wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    I don't think they do cycling stuff at all...
    They should do. I'd hate to think how I'd cope if my bike's burrito holder broke on the way to it.
  • Had a stroll over that way to sample a burrito from this place. Had the pulled pork one - it was good.

Had forgotten what this thread was about, or I might have looked in at the bike shop while there :lol:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    coriordan wrote:

Is it better than Chilango's on London Wall?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5