Chocolate Button Sandwiches..

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
is what my 50 year old colleague has for his lunch today.

I don't know what else to say.

Comments

• zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    nope, I have nothing.
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    divide by 10.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Would probably be acceptable if a banana had been in there too. But then again its a fast day for me and I would eat most things.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    menthel wrote:
    Would probably be acceptable if a banana had been in there too. But then again its a fast day for me and I would eat most things.
    How are you getting on with that?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Great idea.

I have chocolate sprinkles, especially for toast (although dark chocolate ones are better, beaten only by the flakes)

4189876729_fc39021a41.jpg
  • gingaman
    gingaman Posts: 576
    coriordan wrote:
    Great idea.

I have chocolate sprinkles, especially for toast (although dark chocolate ones are better, beaten only by the flakes)

I miss those things now I'm living back in Blighty
  • Anonymous
    £11.50 from Amazon...jeeeeez. Lucky the family regularly pop back and keep us topped up. Have some dark chocolate ones open at the moment
  • Asprilla wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Slowly?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • menthel
    Asprilla wrote:
    menthel wrote:

Hungrily.

Fine actually, have been doing it for just over a year (5/2ing that is) and it keeps my weight at a stable 82-83kg. Not bad as when I started it I had got stuck at 90kg. And that down from 126kg.

Still, I would deffo eat any or the above sandwiches right now.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,691
    Perhaps he's pregnant?
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Is it any worse than a nuttella on toast?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Perhaps he's pregnant?

My money is on parasites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25968755

Weirdest I heard was a girl I dated for a while who swore by banana and marmite sandwiches.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I'd rather have chocolate button sandwiches than peanut butter and jam - ugh. Whoever thought that up needs their taste buds removing.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • msmancunia wrote:
    I'd rather have chocolate button sandwiches than peanut butter- ugh. Whoever thought that up needs their taste buds removing.

FTFY.

I refuse to spread anything on my bread that looks like a bad visit to the bog.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • menthel
    Peanut butter is awesome. Its good with banana, honey or pickled red cabbage. Never understood the jam though.

Also try philidelphia, honey and banana- awesome!
    RIP commute...
  • msmancunia
    If we're going weird combinations, I've got ox tongue, rocket and salad cream sandwiches for lunch today *drools*
  • menthel
    msmancunia wrote:
    If we're going weird combinations, I've got ox tongue, rocket and salad cream sandwiches for lunch today *drools*

Ox tongue. :vomit:
    RIP commute...
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    coriordan wrote:
    Great idea.

Where did you get that in London?
  • MrSweary wrote:
    Weirdest I heard was a girl I dated for a while who swore by banana and marmite sandwiches.

I find that very hard to believe.......

...... you dated a girl? :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Anonymous
    notsoblue wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    Great idea.

Where did you get that in London?

Don't think you can. I get them brought in from Holland by my cousins. Can be had at Amazon for £12 a box!

I think google/dutch friends are your best bet here. I think MRS and a few Pro Race regulars live in Holland and may be able to arrange a care package?
    They can be bought in Albert Heijn (the main supermarket out there)
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    MrSweary wrote:

She was trying to give you a subtle hint about something else Mr S. :shock:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    msmancunia wrote:

Sorry? Ox tongue? What is this? An Enid Blyton book? Did you have lashings of ginger beer to go with it?
  • PBo wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Sorry? Ox tongue? What is this? An Enid Blyton book? Did you have lashings of ginger beer to go with it?

You know, it's at times like this I'm really glad I'm a a vegetarian. You meat eaters shove some seriously sick sh*t down yer throats. I mean: Tongue? Ox Tongue? That big blue pink wet thing?

cow_400.jpg

Next thing you'll be telling me is that you eat arse
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    PBo wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

You know, it's at times like this I'm really glad I'm a a vegetarian. You meat eaters shove some seriously sick sh*t down yer throats. I mean: Tongue? Ox Tongue? That big blue pink wet thing?

cow_400.jpg

Next thing you'll be telling me is that you eat ars*

What's wrong with a bit of rump steak?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,089
    PBo wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

You know, it's at times like this I'm really glad I'm a a vegetarian. You meat eaters shove some seriously sick sh*t down yer throats. I mean: Tongue? Ox Tongue? That big blue pink thing.

Wot? It's just another muscle. There's not much of animals you can't eat. Salad cream however, is quite another thing. Bleurgh!
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:

When are you due?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Marmite and strawberry jam,..,,
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Whilst on paternity after Christmas I rustled up a banana, golden syrup and chocolate spread sandwich.

It was heaven on two slices of bread.
  • msmancunia
    I don't get what all the fuss is about - it's just meat. Besides, I'm northern - we are brought up on offal. The only part of a pig we don't eat is the squeal :)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    msmancunia wrote:
    I don't get what all the fuss is about - it's just meat. Besides, I'm northern - we are brought up on offal. The only part of a pig we don't eat is the squeal :)

I have vague memories of my grandmother making (and me eating) pig's trotter jelly.
    She was not northern.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!