Rear Deraillieur Jockey wheel Arm angle in Hi Gear

josame
josame Posts: 1,162
edited February 2014 in Workshop
Mine is similar to this is it ok?

IMG_6120-533x400.jpg
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• Is this picture taken with the chain on the large cog at the front and at the back?

If so the derailleur angle is OK.
  • josame
    freezing77 wrote:
    Is this picture taken with the chain on the large cog at the front and at the back?

Thanks for reply..

On my bike that is the angle if the chain is in both big rings - (it's a tiny bit more acute)
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame wrote:
    freezing77 wrote:
    Is this picture taken with the chain on the large cog at the front and at the back?

Thanks for reply..

On my bike that is the angle if the chain is in both big rings - (it's a tiny bit more acute)

Assuming both big rings have 50 and 25 teeth, shifting to your small chain ring (34t) and a middle sprocket (I.E. 17t) will give exactly the same ratio with a better chain line (read: less chain and deraileur wear and possibly less likely to drop a chain)

you're welcome
  • josame
    Stevie_gee wrote:
    josame wrote:
    freezing77 wrote:

Thanks for reply..

Assuming both big rings have 50 and 25 teeth, shifting to your small chain ring (34t) and a middle sprocket (I.E. 17t) will give exactly the same ratio with a better chain line (read: less chain and deraileur wear and possibly less likely to drop a chain)

you're welcome

Cheers Steve - I've been looking into avoiding cross chaining so will follow your advice