Another Mega. AM Pro 2014

Polf
Polf Posts: 64
edited February 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Ok, so I know there are a lot of these on here, but I have yet to see a 2014 Pro posted.
q0rc.jpg
zjoo.jpg
liog.jpg

Had it a couple of weeks and only ridden it at Cannock so far. Was surprisingly good on the climbs and awesome on the downs. Giving it a gravity test this Thursday at Bike Park Wales. If i'm being honest, i'm not too sure on the colour scheme. Would have preferred it without the yellow stripes. (Although they do make you go faster......Fact)
Brought it as a full build with Pikes up front, a Monarch rear and Reverb Stealth as standard.So far have only swapped out the brakes for some XT's. Don't see any reason to swap anything else at the moment. Should be awesome for the Alps this year. Just feel sorry for my other bikes at the moment as they wont be getting much love over the coming months.
Yeti SB95
Nukeproof Mega AM 275
On One 456C

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, does not try it on"

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Awesome bike. There's a good reason why they are so popular. They are a great ride for the money. Apparently the 27.5 has a better shock tune so hopefully that's the one weak link sorted.
    I rode my Mega TR at bike park wales yesterday, it took a good battering but was a lot of fun. I'm bak there Thursday as well but on my big bike.
  • Polf
    Awesome bike. There's a good reason why they are so popular. They are a great ride for the money. Apparently the 27.5 has a better shock tune so hopefully that's the one weak link sorted.
    I rode my Mega TR at bike park wales yesterday, it took a good battering but was a lot of fun. I'm bak there Thursday as well but on my big bike.

It is an awesome bike for the money. Did a lot of research and found nothing else for anywhere near the same price. Was thinking of going for a full DH bike, but probably wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost. This was the compromise. Will say Hi on Thursday.
    Yeti SB95
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    On One 456C

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, does not try it on"
  • Very very nice mate, the next step up from my AM Comp. Think I prefer your colour scheme to mine :wink:

Took mine out again today, can't believe how good it climbs and then turns into a right beast when pointing downhill.

How you finding the bigger wheel size? I'm loving them.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Polf
    Myster101 wrote:
    Very very nice mate, the next step up from my AM Comp. Think I prefer your colour scheme to mine :wink:

Took mine out again today, can't believe how good it climbs and then turns into a right beast when pointing downhill.

How you finding the bigger wheel size? I'm loving them.

Thanks mate. My other full sus is a 29er so it is a wheel size down for me. I was very surprised how good it was on the climbs as well and the slack head angle just gives you so much confidence coming down. I would prefer a stealthy black without the go faster yellow. I also wanted to remove most of the decals but they have been clear coated over. Nukeproof certainly want people to know that you are riding one of their bikes, don't they? I think the silver looks a lot better in the flesh than on a computer screen. It would be nice if they offered both colour schemes for both versions.
    Yeti SB95
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    On One 456C

• I get my am pro this week. How do you find climbing with a 36 chain ring should I buy a 32 when I pick it up
  • Polf
    It's all going to depend on whether you have the legs for it. Have only used it for climbing once around Cannock. I am not the fittest person by any stretch but managed without killing myself. Not sure I could get up something like the Twrch at Cwmcarn on it though. I was surprised that it climbed as well as it did and thought it would be much more of a struggle. Try it and see is all I can say as my idea of a tough climb may be an easy climb for you. The downs are where it really shines.
    Yeti SB95
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    On One 456C

• Thanks. Im not the fittest so I will have to see!
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Polf wrote:
    Brought it as a full build with Pikes up front, a Monarch rear and Reverb Stealth as standard.So far have only swapped out the brakes for some XT's.

nice bike, where did you bring it from ?
  • Polf
    POAH wrote:
    Polf wrote:
    Brought it as a full build with Pikes up front, a Monarch rear and Reverb Stealth as standard.So far have only swapped out the brakes for some XT's.

nice bike, where did you bring it from ?

:oops: I'm obviously blaming auto correct for that one. I bringed it from my LBS. Is that better?
    Yeti SB95
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    On One 456C