Campag Xenon CT chainrings - rocking-horse poo ?

slowsider
slowsider Posts: 197
edited February 2014 in Workshop
I have a Xenon compact chainset which now needs new rings. I thought I could simply fit Veloce parts, but the Xenon pre-dates the design change to the BCD, and doesn't have the fifth bolt behind the crank.

Anyone know if I'm likely to be able to find NOS rings, (where ?) or will I have to bite the bullet and replace the cranks too ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Are you sure they aren't just bog-standard 110mm BCD rings?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    With the move to the fifth bolt in the crank arm the BCD changed to a propriety 110/113mm design. I'd have thought that if it pre-dates the crank arm bolt then the BCD would be 110mm? After market shouldn't be a problem if that's the case. I could be missing something, though.

Rob
  • Thanks for replies. Could be me being a bit slow, but I haven't been able to locate much by way of 110 BCD only (ie without the fifth hole displaced.) Any suggestions of suppliers welcome. :)
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Spa Cycles. SJS. Ribble?
  • Are you only looking for Campag? If so then look for 110BCD rings from stronglight, TA or others
  • Thanks again.
  • No shortage of chainrings on Ebay. Just go to the cycling section and type 110 bcd and Bobs yer uncle

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad