Skipton CC's sportive 1st June 2014 - Le Petit Depart

seanmckib
seanmckib Posts: 4
I thought I'd let people know about a new sportive being organised to celebrate the arrival of t'Tour. It's a joint community promotion by Skipton Cycling Club and Craven Council so proceeds go to the Skipton CC junior section for coach training and junior bikes. Two distances, a 33 miler for newer riders and a more challenging 78 mile ride over 3 climbs and six Dales, a lot of it on the TDF route. If you're interested check out the website and hope to see you in the Gateway to the Dales and the Gateway t'Tour!

www.lepetitgranddepart.co.uk/

Comments

• I've seen it but the route pretty much sucks because the first half isn't even on the tour route, the second half is, but in the wrong direction!
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    I've seen it but the route pretty much sucks because the first half isn't even on the tour route, the second half is, but in the wrong direction!
    It looks an okay route to me - the first 40 miles are on the tour route (Skipton to Grassington to Aysgarth to Hawes). It's the second half that isn't on the Tour route, but that shouldn't stop it from being a good sportive. It doesn't claim to replicate the whole Tour stage.