Newbie.. New bike..(Boardman Team fs)

rhysyd
rhysyd Posts: 141
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Im about to upgrade to a decent mountain bike, ive seen an advertisement of a Boardman Team FS, 2011/2012 Model, in very good condition.. for £600?

I thought this was a very good deal, or is there better bikes out there for cheaper prices?
At the moment I have this very poor GT hardtail, ive started to go out more and more so thought id treat myself to a better bike. £600 is pretty much my budget, and I really really fancy a full suspension!

Any input would be great!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Are good trail/xc bikes, some nice parts.Seems a bit steep though 2nd hand.
  • rhysyd
    rhysyd Posts: 141
    Hmm, I just took a look in classifieds and seen a boardman fs 2014 for £650, and ive missed it by one day! been waiting ages for a decent boardman to come along!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Unless it is truly mint, that is overpriced, about £350-400 is more like it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    I'm a bit of a serial eBay trawler and unfortunately £500+ is what you'll find them for.

Not a bad bike at that price I don't think.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Keith1983 wrote:
    I'm a bit of a serial eBay trawler and unfortunately £500+ is what you'll find them for.

Not a bad bike at that price I don't think.

Yes, keep an eye on ebay. There's almost always at least one or two up for grabs.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Of the few I've seen sell, none have fetched less than £600.