Ultegra 11speed Upgrade to DI2

alpharebel
alpharebel Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in Workshop
I have just got a new bike with ultegra 11 speed and want to upgrade to electronic gearing. On all the upgrade kits I see there are for the old 10 speed. Can the upgrade kit for a 10 speed be used on the new 11 speed? Will it just be a simple programming to fix it ?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• The 'old' Ultegra Di2 shifting kit would work with a software update to 11 speed but I'd wait for the new 6870 shifting kit to be readily available if I were you.

The old Ultegra Di2 is not the most reliable based on internet chat..........
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    The old Ultegra Di2 is not the most reliable based on internet chat..........

What internet chat? Can you point us to all of these owners with problems??? Jeez every time Di2 is mentioned, someone (always a non Di2 user) says something like this, yet all of us who are actually using it enjoy 100% reliability! Sure there are the occasional installation mistakes, but then that is hardly the fault of the equipment.

Di2 = Fit and forget.

With regard to the original question, if you can get a new 11 speed rear derailluer, this will work with the rest of the 10 speed upgrade kit if you upload the latest operating system. My LBS rang Madison (the UK Shimano importers) and they said full 11 speed kits won't be available before May, at the earliest.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro